Quantcast

bmx bike with front suspension

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
seen it before any idea where to get the fork, looked cool but who knows, also new to bmx, looking into a bike that can fit 2.25 inch tires, any idea which can?

madbob

Monkey
May 31, 2004
fayettenam/camp mckall
well, when your not smooth, or if you've been riding MTB for way to long you kind of get used to squish. beside suspension has been on BMX since the 70's yamaha did a fully back then.

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
haha its ok, I like bmx bikes just the way they are, thats what I first jumped on back in the day, just thought it would be a cool idea

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Answer made some race forks w/ suspension back in the day. They've got a pair at my LBS.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i had the crappy GT suspension fork they made in the 90's , that thing was so damn heavy...i bought it for like $63 and sold it for 50 to some kid...i was too light to make it work and it just had an elastomer in it like the old rock shox quadra, but with more stiction than a manipoo right out of the box...if you really want to do something like that i have a few ideas, one involves some clamps around the legs to move the dropouts up for a 20"...but the wt is pretty bad on the front of a bmx. I remember endoing multiple times off jumps while i had the GT fork on my bike. keep in mind back then i was probably hitting jumps where i got 2-3 ft of air, 5-6 ft distance max.
good luck on your quest, honestly your best bet is the answer mentioned above unless your into customization.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
My LBS is in Ojai, CA by Ventura and Santa Barbara in SoCal.

I don't know how much they cost but I can find out on this Thursday if you want me to.