Quantcast

bmx dude on an mtb

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That is badass. Imagine the shreddage if he switched to MTB slopestyle comps. I mean there's been some really good BMX crossovers dominating lately, but nobody even close to Ruben's level :eek:

schrammride

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
wellington ohio
thats very interesting...back in i believe the late 90's ruben was coming very close to double whip 3's, and he was landing double whips before most everyone else tried them...but it is ruben and he wasnt super dialed, but he is one of, if not the most progressive rider since hoffman

i wonder if theres any video of him freeriding

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
What up Spoons, we were at Bechelli on Sunday. We called you up, but no answer. The megaramp is back in action. Trails were ripping too.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I don't know. . . I've always thought of going from MTB to BMX as a disadvantage. I mean, when you BMX, you learn to bail and to be smooth.

Even the 26" wheels make up for a little bit of sloppyness here and there. And, not to mention, when you ride mountain you don't really learn to bail.

The best part about running BMX as a side-hobby is that the parts are so cheap. It feels good to fix something on the cheap for once.