Quantcast

BMX fork

D

Dr. Doom

I need a new fork(14mm) for my Dragonfly Tech, any advise on which one I should get?

I ride dirt/street

Thanks

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
I've always had great luck with S&M Pitchforks. 10,000 year warranty - seriously. They're what I'll use forever on my stuff.

I've also heard great things about Odyssey's products as well. In your case, you're looking at the Pro Dirt fork, since it comes with 14mm slots. It has a lifetime guarantee against bending, and it's actually quite a bit lighter than the Pitchfork.

Those are the only ones I'd consider, personally.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Yeah, yeah. You and your Kink stuff... ;)

Come to think of it, no one around here runs a Kink fork, so I can't really say how they hold up. I'm scared of the newest crop of lightweight forks - the Freebird, FBM CB4K and the like. I'd rather have the strength there than the few ounces less.

EDIT to add the required smilies so that everyone realizes I'm just funning with you... :D ;) :D :cool:

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
Pitchforks are ok, They do tend to bend sometimes and are kinda heavy. Odyssey thermal dirt forks are really good. They are light and strong. I am running Kink Freebird forks and I reaaaallllly like them. They seem like the perfect forks.

I suggest any of the above really. MacNeils ruben forks are also really good if you can find any.

D

Dr. Doom

I guess I will get the Pitchfork..

Thanks for all your replies!