Quantcast

BMX Racing

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I race a Haro SX 24. I am looking into a 20" and that Felt is pretty sweet but so is the Haro SX Al. The local shop only carries Haro and Felt.

I just started racing this season at 29 years old and I just can't get enough. BMX racing is awesome and damn god training for DH and MTNX.

Yep, I use to race on my Free Agent cruiser... now I roll on my Soul Cycles LOKI... I usually race other guys on cruisers, I get 2nd pretty consistant. If I race on my cruiser I win in my age group. The LOKI is funner to me, though.. winnning is .. meh.

It's the funnest when other guys show up on MTB's and we roll a MTB class. I love that. Because than it's more guys I know... bars banging, elbows flying, but all in fun.

:cool:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
How many racers show up for your local crusier events? We usually only get like 6 in the gate and only one person is on a MTB. We are starting to get the word out and hopefully I'll be able to race 24" then run back up the hill to race MTBs.

Haro27

Chimp
Apr 18, 2004
I have raced avery thing from XC to BMX.
I just got a Haro SX 24. i cant wat to hit the with no front shock i think
it well help with the jumping. The best thing with bmx is there is on NORBA to
deal with just $8 or $5 buck to race. NO long drive in a car with a 2 year old .
LOL MY little one.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Haro27 said:
I have raced avery thing from XC to BMX.
I just got a Haro SX 24. i cant wat to hit the with no front shock i think
it well help with the jumping. The best thing with bmx is there is on NORBA to
deal with just $8 or $5 buck to race. NO long drive in a car with a 2 year old .
LOL MY little one.
I hear that! I am still amazed how efficent BMX races are compared to any MTB event. The price is also prefect. No wonder MTB events are so small who can afford it, especially if you are a kid!

Haro27

Chimp
Apr 18, 2004
dont get me worng i love climing to the top of the mt. and then the down hill and do it over again with the hart racing and the bloud flowing. That is wat keeps me going back to XC. BUT for the bmx and DS it the head to head racing seeing your opponent next to you, and you passing by him. LOL That is wat keeps me in bmx and DS.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Carbon Fetish said:
I'm building up an bmx project to take to the track. I'm just waiting for my fork, bar, stem, and padset from Answer BMX.

What fork are you getting?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
What is the deal with carbon forks? Each one I look at seems to have a weight limit. So since I am a bit heavier than 135 lbs. I am looking to get the Answer Warlock 24".

What frame are you building up?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Ok, I have no idea what I am talking about. I checked out that Carbon Pro and that is a beauty. I am still a ways away from being smooth enough to rock carbbon but it does chop alot of weight off.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Carbon Fetish said:
I'm building up a Airborne Ti Miss Behavin.

That's going to be about the most gimmicky bike ever... :nope: I'm sure it'll be light, but you surely would never want to take it to the trails.

I just ordered a bitchin camaro and cb4k lights to build myself a 20" to race this upcoming winter....

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
SuspectDevice said:
That's going to be about the most gimmicky bike ever... :nope: I'm sure it'll be light, but you surely would never want to take it to the trails.
Yeah, the ti frame with a carbon fork is only for the track. :rolleyes: I have this to take the the trails.

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
I wanna take my Santa Cruz to a BMX track but dont know any tracks local to me that will let me on it... I'm in socal

tommy2x4

Chimp
May 30, 2005
New Albany, IN.
are you a member of the ABA or NBL??? that's what might be balling you up Neccros. it's not because you have a MTB, because people race them all the time at nationals. it's more likely due to the insurance deal.

2x4