Quantcast

BMX track in yard irks neighbors - LUCKY!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:cheers:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/119279

The hills and valleys of a BMX bike track dug around a Gilbert home, and the riders it draws have concerned neighbors for the past year and a half. At first, the town's zoning administrator didn't think it was an allowable use for the area. But after the homeowner appealed, zoning administrator Mike Milillo ruled that the track could be considered an "accessory use" on the one-acre property.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I don't care for my neighbors....if I had the land I would build a minimoto track to piss em off

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Took my mx bike around my pump track the other night. Heck the guy down the street has a ATV track that is 3 times the size of my pump track. I love where I live.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's amazing that the town has the right to rule on what you can and can't do on your property.

Aside from a meth lab etc.....

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I don't care for my neighbors....if I had the land I would build a minimoto track to piss em off
:clapping:

That's awesome.

With all the drugs and drop houses in the valley, you'd think this wouldn't be a priority.
I think some people get off on trying to make everyone else's life miserable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
has anyone read any of the comments for the article? some really dumb sh*t... one guy even suggested going as far as getting their own child to ride there, then have them INTENTIONALLY get hurt so they can shut it down. What a terrible act of parenting that would be.

Speaking of parenting, I think its really cool that he built that for his sons (and himself I'm sure). The people that are complaining are being far too selfish and dealing with the matter in all the wrong ways.

-he's doing something for his kids
-its a healthy activity
-its giving them something else to do other than video games and tv. and not just his kids, their friends as well
-he's giving them something their township probably would not

-the neighbors went straight to the authorities instead of trying to deal with him directly
-all they are concerned about is their own properties.
-if there are farm animals in the vicinity and running freely, then some guy's backyard bike track is less of a concern. free roaming farm animals are a public health concern (feces). last time I checked my bike doesn't poop.
-they just have the wrong attitude. they're focusing on the negatives, not the positives (an overall trend that I have noticed developing in America)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I want a kidney shaped pool at my first house.....

And never fill it with water.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea I'm gonna try and pay attention to this, because I have every intention of building my own little jam section on my property once I join the ranks of homeowners.

Ultimately I wanna get like 10 acres secluded somewhere in farm country so I can do more or less whatever I please. IE large steel warehouse for indoor park to achieve year round riding!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm just glad that I live in a neighborhood with an HOA. I can't imagine anyone spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a home then using it in a way that will degrade the entire neighborhood.

I definately don't mind getting a letter once and a while telling me its time to trim a treen so that I don't have to worry about living next to that!

:rofl::rofl:

I love people who value the quality of their life strictly by the value of their home. And blaming the foreclosure accross the street on the track? Oh yeah.....I can't think of any other reason foreclosures are happening right now.

That place looks fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i made a moto track in my one field that is next to my neighbours house. I live on 16 acres, drives them nuts that its right outside their door.
With that much property, did you really have to pick a spot so close to their property? There's a fine line between acting within your rights as a property owner, and just being an outright dick. Bad blood with neighbors is not something you want to create.

16 acres is a pretty good chunk of land. I know you and your family have animals, but do you actively use fields for agriculture? Or do you lease the property to others to farm? Just trying to get some back story.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
With that much property, did you really have to pick a spot so close to their property? There's a fine line between acting within your rights as a property owner, and just being an outright dick. Bad blood with neighbors is not something you want to create.

16 acres is a pretty good chunk of land. I know you and your family have animals, but do you actively use fields for agriculture? Or do you lease the property to others to farm? Just trying to get some back story.
I think pinkshirtphotos is working on becoming a master troll.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that jacka$$ with the suggestion to have some get intentionally hurt, I bet stiles HOI knows his occupation is in that industry.
I wonder what the insurance policy looks like for someone who makes their living as a pro rider (whether its BMX, dh, road, xc). I'm not just talking home insurance, but health and possibly life insurance.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
I know my neighbors hate me.

I practice paintball stuff in my backyard. Strafing + shooting, running, rolls, dives, slides, etc. I spend a lot of time firing off my paintball gun, too, which is really loud because i usually use my custom barrel that has no porting.

And when I'm not doing that, I have my bass guitar out back with my amp and I'm playing something

...I'm a horrible neighbor =p

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
What I love more are the neighborhoods who decide to rally against one person having fun and form HOA's to force folk to "behave."

You live out in the boondocks like this to be this odd, to have a BMX or horse track in your yard. People with this NIMBY mentality disgust me.