Quantcast

Bob Marley

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So did anybody catch the show about him last night on PBS?

Awesome!! I had no idea about how he came about and while I knew so many of his songs were very politically minded I didn't really have any idea what they were talking about. Great show!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Will they replay it Stosh? What was the title of the show? Was it a documentary? I'd like to learn more about Marley - love his music.
Um I don't know it's pledge drive time. You can buy it though I think. the title had "rebel" in it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Did you realise that Rastafarian is based on the bible? Never knew that.

rastas also believe that women are the lesser sex, they dont believe in birth control or going to the doctor either. bob marley was also a great part of the unification of the two political parties fighting over jamaica and zimbabwe. i have a couple of videos i can ship ya if you wanna learn more about him.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
biggins said:
rastas also believe that women are the lesser sex, they dont believe in birth control or going to the doctor either. bob marley was also a great part of the unification of the two political parties fighting over jamaica and zimbabwe. i have a couple of videos i can ship ya if you wanna learn more about him.
you can ship me some sacred herb if you want. :D

did they talk about how the CIA tried to assassinate him?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
biggins said:
rastas also believe that women are the lesser sex, they dont believe in birth control or going to the doctor either.

With the exception of not going to the doc, that sounds like pretty much all religions.

I love Bob Marley, I am going to have to see if I can catch this show on PBS.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
Yeah he had a lot of girlfriends.

Thanks for the offer man but you don't have to go thru all the trouble.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Was it called Rebel Music? My friend had that DVD, it was great. He was very political but at the same time detached from any political party. He was very sceptical of any political party or figure.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jmvar said:
Was it called Rebel Music? My friend had that DVD, it was great. He was very political but at the same time detached from any political party. He was very sceptical of any political party or figure.
yeah some great ideas he had! I love how they showed The Skatalites.