Quantcast

Body-for-LIFE®

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
So, I dropped lifting weights about 4 years ago (replaced largely by mountain biking and errr... laziness), but now I'm thinking about picking it up again. I happened upon Body-for-LIFE. It is sponsored by EAS (the folks that make Myoplex stuff), but even if you don’t buy their products, the web site has very specific dietary and exercise routines... a neat site overall...

Their whole marketing deal is this "before and after" craze... contests for results ($$$) etc...

Anywhoo... anyone have any experience with this program or starting to lift after a long absence? … and what about this Myoplex stuff…. Any good?

Crashby said:
So, I dropped lifting weights about 4 years ago (replaced largely by mountain biking and errr... laziness), but now I'm thinking about picking it up again. I happened upon Body-for-LIFE. It is sponsored by EAS (the folks that make Myoplex stuff), but even if you don’t buy their products, the web site has very specific dietary and exercise routines... a neat site overall...

Their whole marketing deal is this "before and after" craze... contests for results ($$$) etc...

Anywhoo... anyone have any experience with this program or starting to lift after a long absence? … and what about this Myoplex stuff…. Any good?
body for life isn't new.

search the fitness forum.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
It's a good program. Effective and safer than that fuking atkins bullshyt. Do it and do it properly and you'll have great results.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
interesting... I just searched eBay, and it looks like you can get the Myoplex drinks for about $1.10 per serving... has anyone used it for any extended period of time?

.... I wonder if their nutrition bars taste any good...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I read the BFL book and it is too strict for my taste. It leaves nothing to the imagination. However, it is a decent program if you are new to working out and losing weight.

Myoplex products are top quality, but way overpriced thanks to the marketing machine that is EAS. There are just as effective supplement companies out there that produce similar quality products at much lower prices.

Don't let the before and after pics fool you. All of those men had a lot of muscle under their fat prior to starting the program. All they really had to do was cut their calories to get ripped.

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
For you Crashby, I suggest the Thug4Life program: a prison diet and plenty of weightlifting, supplemented by the occasional shanking.

Seriously bud -- you already eat right, go back to lifting some weights + mtb

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
hehehh... I swear some of those before and after pics are photochopped...

I ended up buying 96 drinks of "Pro-sculped" brand for $54 shipped (has almost the same exact makeup as Myoplex) then I won another auction for 37 Myoplex drinks for $38 shipped (so I could see what Myoplex taste like mostly) - so Im in for about 70 cents per drink... (man I friggin love eBay)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I think all that stuff is created to sell what amounts basically to Snake Oil. Of course, even the Snake Oil Salesmen of the world need to make a living..........

Maybe it's because I'm a skeptical grump. :)

-S.S.-

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Tweek said:
For you Crashby, I suggest the Thug4Life program: a prison diet and plenty of weightlifting, supplemented by the occasional shanking.

Seriously bud -- you already eat right, go back to lifting some weights + mtb
I figure Ill take advantage of my artificial slim-down (stomach virus) and a special deal on a years membership at a gym down the street to start back up... (FLEX for $395 for the whole year :dancing: )

Current height: 5'10
Current weight: 153
Current BF%: 14
Top weight ever (with a little lower body fat): 171

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Crashby said:
I figure Ill take advantage of my artificial slim-down (stomach virus) and a special deal on a years membership at a gym down the street to start back up... (FLEX for $395 for the whole year :dancing: )

Current height: 5'10
Current weight: 153
Current BF%: 14
Top weight ever (with a little lower body fat): 171
Bro, I think you need to ditch the BFL program and go on a bulking routine! :eek:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
SkaredShtles said:
I think all that stuff is created to sell what amounts basically to Snake Oil. Of course, even the Snake Oil Salesmen of the world need to make a living..........

Maybe it's because I'm a skeptical grump. :)

-S.S.-
Its simply difficult to get a ton of low-fat protien without them, so they have value as long as they SUPPLIMENT, not REPLACEMENT...

of course I could just suck (I mean eat) eggs...

1 egg= 4 grams protien
1 serving Myoplex (or similar) = 42 grams...

10 egg whites? no thanks

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Tweek said:
... eating habits are OK....
I Are Baboon said:
... had a lot of muscle under their fat ... cut their calories to get ripped.
I eat like a pig, whatever I want, whenever I want & as much as I want.
If I ate correctly, I'm sure I'd be "ripped"

I actually tried BFL 4 years ago...
Stuck with it for 6 weeks, lost 15lbs but didn't change my look/body.
(I blame genetics)
What it did tho was start me weight lifting again to suppliment the biking...

47 years old, 5'10 190lbs

What's in a Body Mass Index anyways?

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Just stick with the diet you had on the way home from Whiteface............1 convienience store steamed hot dog, mozzarella sticks, and a package of chocolate covered donuts. I'm sure you'll bulk up in no time. :drool:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Mtbkngrl said:
Just stick with the diet you had on the way home from Whiteface............1 convienience store steamed hot dog, mozzarella sticks, and a package of chocolate covered donuts. I'm sure you'll bulk up in no time. :drool:
lol! I almost 'snotted' myself...

I rode a little mon, tue, and wednesday... feels great to 'back into it'...