Quantcast

Bogus to Boise extended DH race-16 miles

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
It looks like i've found the race i've been looking for. 4100 vertical loss in 16 miles. Dunno how it compares to Downiville but it sounds similar.They call it a downhill crosscountry race but i've heard that most people ride DH bikes and push a couple short climbs. sounds like a fun late season race for my freeride bike! Racing in Idaho is allways super lax and fun. Can't wait! Anyone else out there have more info?

http://www.wildrockies.com/DH_mountain_biking/bogus_boise_banzai.php

krispy

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
On the link, they are also running a dual free comp. They ran that in Lava, it was pretty cool. They had a bunch of trials/wood stunts set up like a DS course and raced it DS style. Krispi and Vdub would kill it.
I still think we should put together the Holbrook-Parrish-Baer Canyon triple crown SuperD Stage race. It would be 34 miles and a total of 12,500 feet vertical

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
From their site www.downievilleclassic.com

Dropping 4,700 vertical feet in 15 miles from Packer Saddle, the Downieville Downhill is the longest and most demanding downhill race in the nation. The singletrack course features the world famous Butcher Ranch, Third Divide and First Divide Trails.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Yes october. After all the other races are long over so it can/will be party central and nice and cool.

so it's pretty similar to Downie,1 mile longer,500ft less. Cool.

Now, is it going to be the 575 with beefy tires or the ASX with lighter tires?!?

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
leprechaun said:
Yes october. After all the other races are long over so it can/will be party central and nice and cool.

Now, is it going to be the 575 with beefy tires or the ASX with lighter tires?!?
I think you need to get Iron Horse to loan you a type6

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
leprechaun said:

If I do it, it will be on my 575.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
I raced that BITD. It kicks ass! Long, fun and a huge party in the streets at the finish. Usually a live band.

It is an XC bike course from what I remember. One 10 minute or so climb in the middle. I will be on my Nomad for sure.

sinister37

Chimp
Jul 8, 2005
Boise, ID
should be fun, the trails up there have some good features i'm just not sure which ones they will use. and i hope to have a mid travel by then and not have to ride my r9 up hills.