Quantcast

Bombshell Wheelsets ... any monkeys rock them?

tonygiant

Chimp
Jun 11, 2005
Any help on this matter?

I am planning on getting a back up wheel set for some urban and trail riding? Bombshellparts.com has a decently price Crusher wheelset for $399.

Any of you monkeys rock bombshell wheels or know how they hold up? Dependability? All advice/opinons on them greatly appreciatd.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I run a Fat Daddy rim on my hardtail and i love it. The Crushers are overkill and heavy, but if you trash rims, then they are a good deal at $399 for the set. The Fat Daddy rim actually has the exact same measurements as the Halo SAS rim, and has NO eyelets, which is kinda weird, but the rim is pretty thick, so i guess they might just not need them.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/13865-365_SUN8T5-3-Parts-75-Wheelsets/Sun-Ringle-20mm-8-Track-Disc--Wheelset.htm
You should give these a look too! I just got a set last month and they have taken a beating so far! Cased a stairgap slug style, and they held up fine and are still in tru after quite a fiew drops and stair gaps with a 240 lb rider on them. Also most of my ride time on these are done on the urban course with Flat drops, stair gaps, and some drops to tranny.

They roll great and the engagment in the rear hub is quick? I don't know how good the bombshell hubs are but the Ringle' hubs are nice and VERY LOUD!!!

They are also fairly lite for the type of wheel they are! OF course I'm used to my older set of trail pimp wheels that where heavy as heck but very strong also!

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
ThePriceSeliger said:
I know Kyle Strait rides them. I'm not sure what wheel exacty, but them must be decent.
He just runs the rims. Or atleast thats what I had on my Demo.