Quantcast

Bones Over Metal Video

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Very nice pre teaser..... What shouldn't be left out? ....... the best part of freeriding, chilling with your bro's, riding bikes, and having fun! That should absolutely not be left out!
Seems lately in the quest for making a main stream name for itself, freeride mountain biking has turned into a gnar-off, (guys trying to prove how gnarly the sport is to seperate it from it's spandex wearing siblings, and to prove.....well....I don't really know) When it gets down to it, moutain biking is all about good times, and fun riding bikes with your bro's. Keep that as a focus, and you should be good to go!

Great job so far!

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Seems lately in the quest for making a main stream name for itself, freeride mountain biking has turned into a gnar-off, (guys trying to prove how gnarly the sport is to seperate it from it's spandex wearing siblings, and to prove.....well....I don't really know)
I can tell you that we feel the same way and really want to avoid that approach. Thanks,

Mark

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
We have another episode on the podcast. This episode is a mini-doc on the illegal dirt jumps in a neighborhood of Seattle. Read about it on the blog.

While on the podcast make sure that you subscribe via iTunes. Peace!

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
That looks awesome. I love seeing good cinematography. And I know I saw a little stump jump from 911 on Galbraith (only because I've seen it 4 million times). That's freaking tight!!! When is it being released, and where can I get it? Maybe it will be my first bike DVD :)
Any locals in it? If so, who? I'd be even more stoked to know who some of the riders are!

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Are you guys still shooting? How long will you be shooting still? Are you all local riders from here, or Seattle, or what?
We shot a session with a group of local Bellingham riders. We covered the trail work on Evo and then shoot a lot of great ride footage with those guys. I really want to thank them for being there for us.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
New Bones Over Metal Episodes up on the podcast. 3 total new episodes. Check it out here!

The lastest is of the Crankworx '06 X-Cross. It is a variety of footage that shows the event well. Peace and Go Ride!

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
I saw you guys up on Galbraith a few weeks ago. I was the kid on a Kona Stinky who returned someone their keys. I gave them to Lizardlake (dont know his real name), and he said he would give them to you. Will you be doing any more shooting on galby?

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
probably not on Galby, but in the Bellingham area if everything goes well. Thanks for getting the keys back.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
in telling a freeride story what are some things that must not be left out?
well definatly dont leave out how its becoming incressingly popular with young folks like myself (15). And how we grow up watching local kids on super cool looking bikes and seeing what they can do on them, wanting to be just like them when we grow up. And how many came from BMX background but found the mountain a better supplier then the street.

But, in my oppinion, the most important thing to include would be how its an alternative to drugs and drinking (especially underage). Freeride MTBing provides that natural high that keeps many, including my self, from even considering exploring drugs. Parents dont seem to understand how mountain biking is actually good for us, many tend to look at only the negative side affects of riding like the broken bones and stiches. When in reality riding our bikes is safer then many other things we could/would be out doing if not for our bikes.

Trying to show people why our sport is good, other then the awsome looking bikes, is really important to expand it to the world. If we can get people to look beyond the things that happen when you miss the gap, and more what happens when you actually do clear the gap would open up many perspectives.

Well thats my 2cents to what should be included, its all coming from a young mind...but hopefully you can find it useful. And awsome vids by the way, I wish I could film like you guys :-/. (Im trying... :-D)

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
well definatly dont leave out how its becoming incressingly popular with young folks like myself (15). And how we grow up watching local kids on super cool looking bikes and seeing what they can do on them, wanting to be just like them when we grow up. And how many came from BMX background but found the mountain a better supplier then the street.

But, in my oppinion, the most important thing to include would be how its an alternative to drugs and drinking (especially underage). Freeride MTBing provides that natural high that keeps many, including my self, from even considering exploring drugs. Parents dont seem to understand how mountain biking is actually good for us, many tend to look at only the negative side affects of riding like the broken bones and stiches. When in reality riding our bikes is safer then many other things we could/would be out doing if not for our bikes.

Trying to show people why our sport is good, other then the awsome looking bikes, is really important to expand it to the world. If we can get people to look beyond the things that happen when you miss the gap, and more what happens when you actually do clear the gap would open up many perspectives.

Well thats my 2cents to what should be included, its all coming from a young mind...but hopefully you can find it useful. And awsome vids by the way, I wish I could film like you guys :-/. (Im trying... :-D)
THese are some good and important points that you bring up. I will take it all to heart. I appreciate that you took the time. See you out riding. Peace.

Mark