Quantcast

boone riding scene

freerider890

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
coming out to boone this weekend woundering where(if) all the djs are. also a skatepark would be sweet too. pm if necessary.
thanks alot

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
coming out to boone this weekend woundering where(if) all the djs are. also a skatepark would be sweet too. pm if necessary.
thanks alot
No dirt jumps exist anymore, and the skate park doesn't let bikes ride. But it doesn't really matter anyways because there are some of the best trails around in the area. The Boone riding scene is all about trail riding. Plus, its been pouring rain all week, so if there were dirt jumps, they wouldn't be ridable anyways.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
No dirt jumps exist anymore, and the skate park doesn't let bikes ride. But it doesn't really matter anyways because there are some of the best trails around in the area. The Boone riding scene is all about trail riding. Plus, its been pouring rain all week, so if there were dirt jumps, they wouldn't be ridable anyways.
And if the guy is the least bit into urban, there are some seriously nasty stair gaps and trannys all OVER that campus.

freerider890

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
yea i was riding the uncg campus aboout 3 weeks ago but the campus security was a biaaaa, would it not be the same up there

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh man there pretty cool about ridding campus. i mean ive only getten a chance to do it at night, but have had no problems. acctually weve had a few people stop and watch before too.

Look for me while your here in Boone. I will be riding an all black Ironhorse Porter. I usually ride everyday around campus. Campus has a lot of fun things to miss around on. Look for the big stair set in front of the library :), theres a fun ledge by the old library, also on the west side there is a pretty big steep hill by the graffiti tunnels that is fun to play on. If you start from the street you can get enough speed to jump the chain fence at the top of the hill.
Oh and even though the park says no bikes, i have been going at least 2 times a week for a while now and no one has said anything negative to me. The guy that maintenances the park even came up to me and said that its fine if we ride there as long as we dont mess up the surfaces of the ramps with our pegs (was riding my bmx at the time).

Feb 26, 2007
There is also a cool trail named after a town with a rock that blows, behind a dining establishment which we do not speak of ! Thats all I can say....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yea i was riding the uncg campus aboout 3 weeks ago but the campus security was a biaaaa, would it not be the same up there
if you were run off of uncg campus you must have been acting stupid....or they got a bunch of new rent-a-cops. i've made an agreement w/ a friend in the uncg police where they let us ride as long as we stay off of the marble and white walls.

freerider890

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
they kiced us out of uncg after they saw me do that big 3 stair as well as that cool little hip by all the frat houses