Quantcast

Bootleg Canyon

Jewels

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Who's heading to Vegas for the ho down at the end of the month? Any info on the course?

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
bootlegcanyon.com has some details.

It's the 22nd-23rd. Pro/Expert course usually involves Armageddon/Poop Chute. Sport is usually Snakeback and part of something else. Hoping Pro/Expert does Kavorkian this year, that'd be fun.

Most of us Z-Teamers will be there.

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
I don't know the exact course yet, but most stuff there is really high speed and rocky with a few technical moves, maybe a double or two depending on how they route it. I had heard that they wanted to make the Pro line Ginger at one point which is NASTY!

Nothing on times or fees that I know of, can't remember how shuttles and fees worked last time, I broke my swingarm before I paid registration.

It's been storming here like crazy but some buddies went down there and rode Wed. and said the weather was great, let's hope it holds.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Jewels said:
Who's heading to Vegas for the ho down at the end of the month? Any info on the course?

I wouldn't be trusting this Jewels character. Get him all drunk and then he starts doing the robot and the worm....next thing you know, you're doing the Helloween ride thing....ahaha - hey Jewels, you running Expert or sandbagging it in Sport?

Jewels

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
You can take the man out of the Grizzly Lounge, but you can't take the Grizzly Lounge out of the man :thumb: Naw, i'll be riding Sport due to my lack of racing since Montesano. That race was killer. I cleaned house on the PX...If sport goes good for me i'll step up to expert. I wanna start hittin the BMX track but we've been gettin some wicked weather here in AZ thats been drowning out the tracks. I've been hearin that Bootleg is no Joke. We'll see how it goes. I wanna be able to be as diverse as FIVER!!!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
So is it mostly rock there? I've never been to the area. Anyone have any tire suggestions. I'd assume from the pics it pretty easy to flat in some sections.

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
Lots and lots of rock, most of the dirt trail is pristinely sculpted and well packed. Brent Thomson is a genius......

They also have a jump park and a MtnX course. I think it boasts 200?? some odd miles of interconected singletrack.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
For those wanting to know the course, upper snackback to ona lee to lower ginger out thru the love canal. Bring your lungs...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
SinatorJ said:
For those wanting to know the course, upper snackback to ona lee to lower ginger out thru the love canal. Bring your lungs...
That sounds like a long, ridiculosly fast and fun run. The west coast is soo lucky!

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
A few of us from Team Kozos will be there the last weekend of January. The plan so far is to drive in on the 26th, ride the 27th & 28th and drive back to Colorado on the 29th. I can't wait to get away from this deep snow we have.

.thumper.

Chimp
Dec 17, 2005
Its Feb. 17, 18 with the race on Sunday the 18th.

Thats the info I have.
Is any of this confirmed? I did the race there last year and it was a blast. I've been hoping they'd have another in 2007. I checked the bootleg site and it still only has old information about interbike stuff.

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
We just came back from a Betterride clinic down there. They are advertising a race Feb 18, 2007

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
I talked with Jeff at All Mtn cyclery last weekend and there will be a race on presidents day weekend. It will be NON-NORBA for all of us who are not really stoked with USA cycling. Look forward to a great course and lots of fun.

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
I think the locals were saying that it will be Armagedden to PoopShoot/Steve Peat to Reaper for the race

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
that section of ona lee has some serious consequences if you come off the drops wrong...also, poop chute is one of the most intimidating sections of trail i've ever seen.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
...also, poop chute is one of the most intimidating sections of trail i've ever seen.
But the traction is so unreal. Just point and shoot. The only time I've been scared in there was last year during practice when the wind was so strong that it was blowing people off course in the poop shoot.

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
bro! ill be in vegas on the night of the 24th leaving on the evening of the 26th! Too bad we couldnt hook up. Word is im staying at the hardrock......
I'll be there on the 23-24... I guess I won't bump into you at the HR this year Oly ;-) Not sure yet if I'll bring the bike this year...