Quantcast

Bootleg DH Race Results

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Looks like the Morewood team was well represented!

And a shout out to JP for a fine result.

Pro Men Beytagh Geritt 167 4.17.87 4.21.14 1
Pro Men Bangert Cole 78 5.01.33 4.26.74 2
Open Men Harmony Dante 127 4.38.90 4.49.65 3
Pro Men Lutterloh James 84 4.41.68 4.43.74 4
Open Men Johnson Scott 115 4.44.71 4.47.87 5
Pro Men Baca Francisco 100 4.46.78 4.56.21 6
Pro Men Weinman Daniel 134 4.48.46 4.51.55 7
Pro Men Bloch Ryan 117 4.57.99 4.56.65 8
Pro Men Beckman Jim 170 5.31.65 5.57.08 9
Open Men Sharp Timothy 77 10.22.43 10
Open Men Lee Kashi 123
Open Men Johnson Ryan 57
Open Men Ortiz Paz 37
SEMI-PRO MEN
Semi Pro Men Coffman Casey 118 4.52.52 4.45.84 1
Semi Pro Men Vega Phil 20 4.46.62 4.46.58 2
Semi Pro Men Harvey Craig 65 4.56.74 5.17.49 3
Semi Pro Men Ferguson Harley 116 4.58.30 5.08.27 4
Semi Pro Men Van Deverder Thomas 119 5.00.05 5.16.11 5

Semi Pro Men Washburn Wade 25 5.01.90 5.10.99 6
Semi Pro Men Lane Andrew 136 5.12.87 5.05.90 7
Semi Pro Men Sweet Shon 139 5.06.21 5.08.62 8
Semi Pro Men Joerger Joe 143 5.12.18 5.06.34 9
Semi Pro Men Comilsen Ryan 138 5.12.46 5.08.00 10
Semi Pro Men Coons Ron 177 5.08.55 dnf

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, Geritt was really moving. I applaud the payout, but the race had some hick-ups. The results took forever and some are still in question. However for the most part everyone placed where they should. I wish I could have had a clean run to really see what my time really could have been. :nopity:

Team Morewood

1st Geritt ProMen
2nd Cole ProMen
8th Ryan ProMen
4th Me :D Semi Pro
5th Tom SemiPro

Plus tons of grassroots riders on Izimus had great finishes as well.

godzilla

Chimp
Dec 19, 2005
We saw several guys on Morewoods tearing it up. One of them in particular (not sure, but i think it may have been Cole?) was so smooth on the drop pictured above (with the bottomed out Brodie) that we barely even heard his bike touch the ground when he landed, it was sick.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
godzilla said:
We saw several guys on Morewoods tearing it up. One of them in particular (not sure, but i think it may have been Cole?) was so smooth on the drop pictured above (with the bottomed out Brodie) that we barely even heard his bike touch the ground when he landed, it was sick.
Must have been me... :rolleyes:

Nah, what was he wearing? I may be able to tell ya who it was? Geritt was pretty dang smooth.

godzilla

Chimp
Dec 19, 2005
profro said:
Must have been me... :rolleyes:

Nah, what was he wearing? I may be able to tell ya who it was? Geritt was pretty dang smooth.
Honestly I don't remember, I think he may have been wearing jeans. Just about every rider I saw on a Morewood appeared to be killing it though (at least at the bottom of the course where I was watching for awhile) .

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah It was probably Cole or Tom, both or them were wearing jeans. On my first run down over that gap, I tried to stay as low as possible but my handlebar cracked the chin guard of my helmet. Kind of knocked me silly for a bit. On my second run, since I crashed up high on the course, I went ahead and boosted the entire gap. I really like that gap. :)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I felt pretty good with my result. On one hip/rock jump I went way off line and rode down into a gully. I prepared to flip OTB, but stayed loose and found my way back to the trail without loosing too much time, but I had to pedal back up to speed. I really would have liked to see my time otherwise, but I had a another opportunity with my second run but I pinched the bike up top and had no chance, but like I said I like were I'm starting in Feb. :)

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with the Bootleg Canyon race. The track, in my opinion, kinda sucked. The top sections were just a little too slow and tech for my liking. I am a tech rider and tend to do better on the slow, technical tracks, but I thought that was a little over the top. The rest of the track was ok, but it was extremly unmarked. And frankly, I was expecting a little more out of Bootleg Canyon in general. After reading about it in Decline and hearing numerous people speak about it, I expected much more than I recieved. The shuttles were slow and I only got 1 run in during 2 hours. Don't get me wrong, I was super stoked to be riding in Feb. but lets just say I'm glad I saved my $85 for the race fee and decided to leave early.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
AusRottenVirus said:
After reading about it in Decline and hearing numerous people speak about it, I expected much more than I recieved. .
Well, Armageddon to poopshoot to reaper is I think a very fun trail although I agree that it takes a bit of practice to flow well on it.

However this is just a tiny part of bootleg!! They are many many other trails that beg to be tried. The shuttles on the other hand were kind of a joke especially early in the day.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It amazes me how many people show up to races and do nothing but practice the course. JP and I did tons of runs down the other trails. Ginger was insane in some sections and I truely love last year's race course. But I couldn't travel that far to ride just one trail..... boring!

For the $85 fee, the shuttle was a joke. However, last year the shuttle situation was super smooth. So I don't know what the problem was....

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
looks like there'll be an onslaught of demos and moorewoods at the "rock" this year.

impressive times doug.

working to eliminate those "bobbles" will have you stepping up to the "big stump" at the end of the day.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
dhbuilder said:
looks like there'll be an onslaught of demos and moorewoods at the "rock" this year.

impressive times doug.

working to eliminate those "bobbles" will have you stepping up to the "big stump" at the end of the day.
Thanks! I think a heavy dose of the Rock will fix that!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
kidwoo said:
Dam doug. Mighty good finish considering the wobbles. You must have some legs.

You have any desire to make the trip for a non-race weekend?
I wish I knew someone who saw me go off in the gully. I'd like to hear what they thought. It had to be funny. :oink:

Yes, I actually would. My wife really wants to go to Vegas. I could set her up in the spas (cheapest of course :rolleyes: ) and I could ride.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
AusRottenVirus said:
Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with the Bootleg Canyon race. The track, in my opinion, kinda sucked. The top sections were just a little too slow and tech for my liking. I am a tech rider and tend to do better on the slow, technical tracks, but I thought that was a little over the top. The rest of the track was ok, but it was extremly unmarked. And frankly, I was expecting a little more out of Bootleg Canyon in general. After reading about it in Decline and hearing numerous people speak about it, I expected much more than I recieved. The shuttles were slow and I only got 1 run in during 2 hours. Don't get me wrong, I was super stoked to be riding in Feb. but lets just say I'm glad I saved my $85 for the race fee and decided to leave early.
Yes, the shuttles were not the most well organized, and if you only rode the one course, then it might not have been the best, but there is much more there than just the one course.
I didn't race, so I was able to ride the course to reaper, to Snakeback, rode the super-d a few times, and even got over to Ginger on Sunday while everyone else was on the front side of the hill.
And let me tell you, Ginger is TOUGH.
Overall, I thought the place was a blast, and I'll go back in a second!!
Maybe not for a race though. ;)

Just avoid the little hotel closest to Ralphs. That was probably the scariest part of the whole trip. :eek: