Quantcast

Bootleg DH Race Results

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
profro said:
I wish I knew someone who saw me go off in the gully. I'd like to hear what they thought. It had to be funny. :oink:

Yes, I actually would. My wife really wants to go to Vegas. I could set her up in the spas (cheapest of course :rolleyes: ) and I could ride.

I did the same thing... thought I was going to eat it at the bottom of the gully, but I managed to stay rubber-down. ;)

godzilla

Chimp
Dec 19, 2005
profro said:
I felt pretty good with my result. On one hip/rock jump I went way off line and rode down into a gully. I prepared to flip OTB, but stayed loose and found my way back to the trail without loosing too much time, but I had to pedal back up to speed. I really would have liked to see my time otherwise, but I had a another opportunity with my second run but I pinched the bike up top and had no chance, but like I said I like were I'm starting in Feb. :)
If you're talking about the small hip at the bottom of the high speed straight-away, one of the guys on my team got taken out by it on his first race run. Apparently he came off the hip sideways after pinning it down the hill right before it and hit the ground hard enough that he didn't get back on the bike for the rest of the weekend.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
godzilla said:
If you're talking about the small hip at the bottom of the high speed straight-away, one of the guys on my team got taken out by it on his first race run. Apparently he came off the hip sideways after pinning it down the hill right before it and hit the ground hard enough that he didn't get back on the bike for the rest of the weekend.
Thats the one. I no braked all the way to the hip. :hot: I hipped too hard and went way off into the gully to the left of the trail. On my second run I used a little brake. :rolleyes:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
kidwoo said:
Let me know man. I need to put together something pretty soon here I guess. I'll throw some dates out at you pretty soon here. Any weekends you CAN'T do?
Actually my wife would KILL me if I brought this up. :nuts: I am planning a BC trip in Sept. and with all the racing this summer, I owe her big time as it is. Anything we do next together will involve sand and surf. :help:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Acadian said:
?? That is where I stay every time I go to Bootleg. What happened?
Sh*t stains on the toilet, no shower head, pubes on the soap dish in the shower, old soap (and more pubes) in the drain, trash behind/under the beds... we've got pictures if you've got a strong stomach!

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Slugman said:
Sh*t stains on the toilet, no shower head, pubes on the soap dish in the shower, old soap (and more pubes) in the drain, trash behind/under the beds... we've got pictures if you've got a strong stomach!
Yeah same here!! We even SPECIFICALLY ask them to clean the bathrooms because we were staying a second night and they did not do it. **** them. Never staying at their place ever again.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Oh and I will also write to the Boulder City camber of Commerce to tell them not to recommend that place to anyone in case it makes a difference. :redhot:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Mani_UT said:
Yeah same here!! We even SPECIFICALLY ask them to clean the bathrooms because we were staying a second night and they did not do it. **** them. Never staying at their place ever again.
Even if we had planned to (which we hadn't), we wouldn't have stayed a second night. Too much money for a POS hotel.

Did I forget to mention the dead roach....

Mani_UT said:
Oh and I will also write to the Boulder City camber of Commerce to tell them not to recommend that place to anyone in case it makes a difference. :redhot:
I can send them some nice pictures...