Quantcast

Borderland - aka Boulderland

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Today's ride was at Borderland. Great place to ride with a lot of granite.

CP and Dave going up.

Rich

CP and Dave in a rock garden

Contemplation rock

Dave on a alternate line

CP climbing up the backside

A small gap

Tough little tech climb

Greg going up

Small bridge section

Traffic jam!

Another tough climb

The group

:)

chqm8

Chimp
Mar 25, 2008
westport, mass
Went for a casual little spin through the nice smooth trails of Borderland Park today with some clowns who had no skills at all.

Ok...I kid. The trails are not smooth, the guys who were nice enough to let a wannabe like me tag along were beyond cool, and mannnn they had some skillz.

I brought along the video camera and threw together a little vid.

[/b] for a quick, 2 minute youtube video of the ride.

Thanks again guys for letting me ride with you. I learned a lot and had a blast.

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
Great pics Steve, thanks for posting them! That was a great ride. I have to say that BLand was either pretty tough or I have a little ways to go before my skills can be considered summer-sharp. I missed a few of what I'd normally consider gimmies. Pretty embarrassing!

Don't know about you, but I was pretty tired after I got home. Had to paint the smile on for the in-laws though.

Dave

chqm8

Chimp
Mar 25, 2008
westport, mass
Very nice shots.

It was a great ride. Maybe next time I'll find the nerve to try that contemplation rock roller. Ummm....maybe not. :biggrin:

chqm8

Chimp
Mar 25, 2008
westport, mass
Nice photos Steve!

I'd like to try out that one guys Marin FS bike.
It's mine. It's the '07 Mt Vision. If you see me out there anywhere just ask.

It's a nice ride. I kind of feel bad cuz I've been beating the hell out of it and it really didn't so anything to deserve it. :biggrin:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It's mine. It's the '07 Mt Vision. If you see me out there anywhere just ask.

It's a nice ride. I kind of feel bad cuz I've been beating the hell out of it and it really didn't so anything to deserve it. :biggrin:
I have heard nothing but good things about that Marin suspension design and their frames have been improving in the "looks" department in the last two years or so.

Is it 5 and 5 or 6 and 6 travel-wise?

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
Uhhh Splat, I think we're pretty even on frame destruction numbers... How many you send back to Specialized last year? :disgust1:

As for the Marin, chmq8 was nice enough to let me borrow it for a short spin (probably a smart move keepin' it short on his part) and I was impressed. Didn't really want to give it up 'cause there was a climb coming up and it was nice to ride a bike under 48 lbs... The suspension and geometry felt real good. Sucked up the bumps well, didn't seem to bob much (if at all) and I didn't notice any real pedal feedback. Then again, it is a four bar. And while it is not the same as an FSR rear, it is related. Maybe a cousin? :imstupid:

Dave