Quantcast

Bos the French pricks

DaveyIntense

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
Berwick
I E-mailed BOS direct the other day to find out why my BOS shock has taken over 6months to have a new part fitted and the reply i got was, "we are to busy at the momment you will just need to wait for it"

It's the last time i buy of them.

Read my blog to get the full story:

http://mtbscene.blogspot.com/

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I'm not going to comment on your situation as no doubt this will turn into another 5 page thread involving General Lee throwing punchlines, someone suggesting that an Avy would be a 200% improvement over the BOS, and consequently getting owned...

But anyway, there's a hole in your story - the Socom uses a 9.5x3 shock to my knowledge, while the M6 uses a 10.5x3.5. So in short, there's no way that you'd need ONLY a longer shaft for the conversion, you'd in fact need a whole shock body (cylinder component that screws into the piggyback arm) as well. I'm not excusing their service, but it's a significant change.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
oh, well that definitely excuses them from the arsehole email. :)

No excuse for them to be like that. Can you post the actual reply up?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Oh and I agree, it's just funny to watch. :)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
dude I honestly trust everything General Lee says. Dude knows wtf he's talking about.
Probably not a good idea. Scientology and the Mormon Church were formed with that sort of thinking. But if you're serious then i'm flattered. and if not then i applaud your well timed sense of humor; though i'll have to ask you to f*ck off;)

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Lee only has about 343 shims, so clearly hes inferior. Acadian has 1.7 million shims, and JM_ has eleventy billion.

MOAR SHIMZ + MOAR OILZ = OMGWTFAVYPWN

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
This is the MTB industry. There are NEVER spare parts available right off the bat.
They are probably falling over themselves trying to fill orders for shocks from all the wannabe superstars who have heard that Bos are the new CC.
How much riding are you doing in Berwick right now? If it's any i appluad your dedication.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
This is the MTB industry. There are NEVER spare parts available right off the bat.
They are probably falling over themselves trying to fill orders for shocks from all the wannabe superstars who have heard that Bos are the new CC.
How much riding are you doing in Berwick right now? If it's any i appluad your dedication.
Existing customers requirements should come above all new customers, superstar or not.

It doesn't matter how fricking busy they are, 6 months is an eternity for a new body and damper shaft.

Bloody hell I hate the French and I'm 1/4 French.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
**** me I haven't laughed this hard at a thread for ages. Sorry to derail as I have nothing to contribute to the OP but ahahahahahahaha @ shims.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
We'll Davey I really feel for you, having to wait for a part for longer than expected. But why do you have to refer to the people at BOS as "French Pricks"..............oh wait your a Brit! That might explain it.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
We'll Davey I really feel for you, having to wait for a part for longer than expected. But why do you have to refer to the people at BOS as "French Pricks"..............oh wait your a Brit! That might explain it.
LOL we have to be nasty to the french if we were not nasty they would start to worry...LOL..

Any way you get that reply from mavic all the time, when they can be arsed to make rims they will, when not, then u wait!!!:imstupid:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I guess this answers the prodrive/rally question pretty well.

sounds like it wouldn't be a bad idea to sell the BOS to somebody who can use that length and replace it with something else. I don't know what shocks over there offer better service, but you should be able to sell the BOS and buy a CC without spending too much extra money.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Thanks for the heads up. I will not be ordering a BOS for my M6. 6 months is a little out of hand. Good luck. I would post this in the INTENSE section on MTBR. There are a lot of guys wanting the BOS. You might give them some info.

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I guess this answers the prodrive/rally question pretty well.

only if the answer is that BOS's factory rally program and their mtb program aren't the same business, let alone the same customer service dept. comparing the two is a waste of time.

According the the blog post, the shock was sent to TF Tuned to be rebuilt once TF got the necessary parts from BOS. The parts haven't arrived for whatever reason even though they were supposed to be there 'within a month.' so the shock is still sitting at TF (not at BOS). yup, sounds like the bike industry to me.

obviously i don't know the particulars of the BOS factory, but most companies (even the ones who do a great deal of in-house manufacturing) rely on outside suppliers for many of their materials. if anything goes wrong anywhere along that pipeline they are SOL and can't do much about it. hence the notorious '2 weeks' we all love hearing.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Thanks for the heads up. I will not be ordering a BOS for my M6. 6 months is a little out of hand. Good luck. I would post this in the INTENSE section on MTBR. There are a lot of guys wanting the BOS. You might give them some info.

well if a 10.5x3.5 shock is available (is it yet?) you'll have no issues, so i'm not sure what your problem could be. On the the other hand, if you buy a 9.5x3 shock for your m3 and then ask BOS to send you all the necessary bits to convert it then you might be waiting a while.

if you try the former, rather than the latter, you might have a better experience (much like the original poster did when he bought the correct size shock for his Socom). try to have a little perspective before you take one guy's problem and make it a universal one:plthumbsdown:

if you want to give them some info try this for starters: for best results, buy the correct sized shock for your bike (or the correct bike for your shock).

[edit] can anyone confirm that the 10.5x3.5 shock is available yet (as in, does anyone actually own one). it's on the TF Tuned website, but that doesn't mean much. if it is then i'm not sure why the original poster doesn't just sell the old one and buy a new one, i can't imagine the difference in cost would be that great. and if it isn't, well then it's hard to ask for something that isn't yet on the market so you might be waiting a while.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I was just being french in that earlier thread about the Bos review.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Is it only me or given the current trend the RM should be soon renamed to RANTmonkey?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I bet Jonsey is pretty psyched to test that bike out. Loking at the picture, it seems BOS ditched the idea of a pressurized external reservoir on the Idylle.