Quantcast

Bothell/Mill Creek Area?

baric

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
I am sure this has been asked before... but what is close to the Bothell/Mill Creek area for fun rides.

I have been to Tiger and St. Eds a bunch and they are fun but in order to get on the bike more I would like to find something close to home.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Japanese Gulch (near Paine Field/Mukilteo) Where are you exactly? I am just north of Brier/East of Alderwood Manor. As far as trails for ridign the pickings are slim to none around me....most land has been developed over for soem time... a decade or so.

Some more info might help me (and others help you out)

baric

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
I am off of 180th closer to Bothell than Everett.... From 405 heading to Mill Creek on the Bothell-Everett Highway I am right before 164 where QFC and Albertsons are...

What's Japanese Gulch like?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
baric said:
I am off of 180th closer to Bothell than Everett.... From 405 heading to Mill Creek on the Bothell-Everett Highway I am right before 164 where QFC and Albertsons are...

What's Japanese Gulch like?
I'm like a mile away from ya! I'm right up the hill from the QFC after you turn onto Bothell/Everett from Bothell Way (the 522/527 interchange)....As GHB's listed...Paradise Lake is pretty cool....technical and slow for the most part...but fun!

baric

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
I'd love to get a ride going I am out of town the rest of this week, but I'll put up a new post next week for a ride after work or on the weekend.

I am looking mostly for XC and a little freeride stuff. I have ridden Tolt and its a longs ways from home... the best place I have ridden is Tiger Mtn, I like the climb and the downhill on Preston is a blast... also have fun on the man made things at St. Eds like the teeter totter and ladders.

I've also ridden Paradise Valley, someone jammed a stick our truck's tire stem... so it kind of turned me off of there.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
baric said:
I'd love to get a ride going I am out of town the rest of this week, but I'll put up a new post next week for a ride after work or on the weekend.

I am looking mostly for XC and a little freeride stuff. I have ridden Tolt and its a longs ways from home... the best place I have ridden is Tiger Mtn, I like the climb and the downhill on Preston is a blast... also have fun on the man made things at St. Eds like the teeter totter and ladders.

I've also ridden Paradise Valley, someone jammed a stick our truck's tire stem... so it kind of turned me off of there.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Sweet! I'm in.

baric

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
Ok got out to Lord Hill, kind of boring unless I missed something....

Anyone up for a ride early Saturday morning? (like 8 AM). I am up for going anywhere about 10 to 15 miles?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
baric said:
Ok got out to Lord Hill, kind of boring unless I missed something....

Anyone up for a ride early Saturday morning? (like 8 AM). I am up for going anywhere about 10 to 15 miles?
I'm down for Sat. .....8 AM might be a little tough depending on the amount of partying on Friday night.....I'll PM ya my Cell if ya want....Let me know.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Lots o' riding in that area. Unfortunately, there used to be a lot more.
Small area off North Road on Ed School Dist property just North of Floral Hills cemetery.
Used to be a bunch of stuff where the new Mill creek "village" is... :eviltongu

Lord Hill has some fun stuff if you know where to look. It's probably the must unused with biggest potential area around.

Paradise has "issues". Not surprised about the stick.

I've also heard about some riding right there off 128th at the West top of the hill at the old Nike site. Used to be a bunch of moto trails and hill climbing stuff in there back in the day when we rode "Honda Hills" in MTLK Terrace.

GHB has been to Lee Forest off Hwy 9 with me at night. Some seasonally closed trails. But, about 5 miles of XC singletrack.
Let's see, what else...
Yeah, the Gulch is great. Still full of nettles?
Crystal Lake DNR has about 7 miles of trail in it and near there off 522. Some sketchy stunts if you look around too.
Willows Fjords on Redmond for a good workout.

Cherry Valley is right out Woodinville-Duvall off Kelly Road. Fun stuff. But, about a 35 minute drive.

Armstrong Tract is right up Hwy 9 in Arlington.

Plus lots of other smaller areas.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
There appears to be some land off of north road and on the west side of North Creek park. Any potential? Baric if you want to have a fun little ride around Mill Creek there are a couple little spots some of us know about. we should ride some time.

*edit*
since this thread go moved up....I just thought I'd ask if anybody knew anything about the exitence of a couple dirt jumping places in redmond called ingelwood trail and redmond trail?
I found a couple links to them when i was ub3r bored today. http://www.bmxair.com/trails/redmond/red1.htm
http://www.bmxair.com/trails/inglewood/iwt3.htm

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Ahh...Mill Creek. That used to be some good dirt bike riding there - - until they built a stinkin' town on top of it! I grew up at Martha Lake and all that was at the intersection of 164th and the Bothell-Everett was an old trout pond, broken down orchards and miles of dirt bike trails.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I've mentioned here before that there's a small patch with trails on it off North Road (West side) still that's on Edmonds school district property North of the cemetery. Word is that it's getting developed finally. They've had a bulldozer out there and flagged some areas.

Yes, there are some trails off North Creek too. But, it's been a while since I was out there. You used to be able to cross 164th and head North all the way to the park on 128th.....

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
MinorThreat said:
The name doesn't ring a bell -- sorry. I lived on Larch Way north of 164th just across the road from the lake. Graduated Lynnwood HS in 1973.
Although Larch sounds familiar (she lived right on the lake I think), she graduated Lynnwood class of '88. So no, you probably aren't familiar with her?
It sounds like a joke, and believe me, she took hell for it - "I need a load"...