Quantcast

bought some ironhorse stuff

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have been riding IH rigs for a few years, before it was cool to ride IH, before DW was doing the link thing......

anyway, I thought these were cool

item #1

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
thanks ! I am really digging the color :D

it's the Expert RL model, which is IH's '04 xc race version.........and yes, this is replacing the Kona as my main xc/race/trail bike

now, what to do w/the Kona - sell complete, part it out, or use some of the parts to build up a hardtail???

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Nice Ride Douglas!!
thanks MMcg (& everyone)

MMcG said:
I'm diggin the color of the paint - is it like a metallic silver blue color?
:thumb:

MMcG said:
Is the saddle a Fizik Nisene?
3.75"/4.5" travel, DW Link
7005 aluminum frame w/titanium hardware
Progressive 5th Element Air 6.5x1.5" rear shock
Manitou Skareb Elite Air/SPV, 100mm travel fork.
Easton EA50 bar
Easton EA50 stem
Easton EA50 seatpost
FSA Orbit Z headset.
Truvativ BB / Truvativ Stylo Team crankset
Fizik Nisene saddle
WTB Laser Lite wheelset (WTB hub w/mavic 717's)
XT deraileurs
XT shifters
Sram cassette.
Hayes Hydraulic HFX 9 XC
Maxxis Ignitors

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Randall Scott Cycle
sweet!!!

I'm a few $'s short but hopefully next week I'll be purchasing my MKIII

congrats man! What made you choose the HP?

J

JRB

douglas said:
:eek: that pic was taken just after I put it together (seat was adjusted before I hit the end of my block!)
Good - it made my junk hurt to look at it. I saw a guy that had a really nice Dean Colonel last week with the same thing, but pointing the other way.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
:D thanks

I wanted something lighter/more efficient w/better brakes........I was seriously thinking of buying a santa cruz superlight and building it up, or maybe a NSR ........then I found this rig, I like IH, I like the dw link, and the build was really nice.......then they dropped the price by $150........it was cheaper than the parts would have been for the superlight = SOLD!

it's not a true race rig as I wanted, but I think it will be great for longer races, and work great as a trail bike

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:

I wanted something lighter/more efficient w/better brakes........I was seriously thinking of buying a santa cruz superlight and building it up, or maybe a NSR ........then I found this rig, I like IH, I like the dw link, and the build was really nice.......then they dropped the price by $150........it was cheaper than the parts would have been for the superlight = SOLD!

it's not a true race rig as I wanted, but I think it will be great for longer races, and work great as a trail bike
wow thats great man! Welcome to the HP family. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Lisa wasn't too stoked on those ignitors, but hopefully they will work for you...
I hated the Maxxis that came on my IH. First thing I replaced.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Doug - I like those saddles so if you want to do a saddle swap lemme know. I have a SDG Satellite I'd swap ya for.

douglas said:
thanks MMcg (& everyone)

:thumb:

3.75"/4.5" travel, DW Link
7005 aluminum frame w/titanium hardware
Progressive 5th Element Air 6.5x1.5" rear shock
Manitou Skareb Elite Air/SPV, 100mm travel fork.
Easton EA50 bar
Easton EA50 stem
Easton EA50 seatpost
FSA Orbit Z headset.
Truvativ BB / Truvativ Stylo Team crankset
Fizik Nisene saddle
WTB Laser Lite wheelset (WTB hub w/mavic 717's)
XT deraileurs
XT shifters
Sram cassette.
Hayes Hydraulic HFX 9 XC
Maxxis Ignitors

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
douglas said:

I see a Yokun Ridge ride in the near future for that thing. :cool:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
berkshire_rider said:
Once the white stuff is gone and it dries up :confused: let me know when you want to meet up for a ride.

:D

(doug crosses fingers for dry, warm, sunny weather)

and MMcG, I have pretty much new WTB Rocket V I was planning to put on.....but I am sure we can figure something out

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
:D

(doug crosses fingers for dry, warm, sunny weather)

and MMcG, I have pretty much new WTB Rocket V I was planning to put on.....but I am sure we can figure something out
If you've got the WTB - then I'm good on my end. So you should just put your Fizik up for sale. :cool: