Quantcast

Boulder : hotel, restaurant

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Any recommendation of a really nice place to stay for two nights? Some place walking distance to good restaurants and things to see or do? Restaurant recommendation?

It's for our mini-honeymoon since we're not going to Italy for a few months afterwards.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
last time i stayed in boulder i found myself smoking on a roof of the hotel with a guy and his babymama who were driving across the country with a shipment of exotic hallucinogens.

unless that sounds like a good time, i'm not sure i've got any recs. i liked the city though. make sure you go to the farmers market thingy. lots of tasty hippy food.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Boulderado is a nice place, little older than the saint julien (durr). Boulderado also has a restaurant, don't know how it is, but it always smelled good when I was delivering their bread in the early am hours. Hint: their bread is from breadworks up on broadway and alpine.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Boulderado or the St. Julien are definitely the way to go. The Boulderado is older, the St. Julien is more modern, location wise they're about equal.

For dinner I recommend The Kitchen or Frasca; you'll probably need reservations for either. The Kitchen's menu changes on a daily basis depending on what is available to them. I'm not sure how frequently Frasca's changes, but they've been ranked several times as one of the top restaurants in the country. For lunch or happy hour I really like Mountain Sun.

What time of year will you be here?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Thanks for the feedback on both restuarants and hotels! we'll make reservations.

we'll be there next month.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I've eaten at the St. Julien (Jill's) and the food was good. My wife experienced some bad/slow service there once, but that was for lunch and I don't know all the details. The hotel looks nice.

Some friends were married at the Boulderado and its a very nice place as well. I don't think you could go wrong getting a room at either place.

Across from the Julien is the Boulder Chop House. AWESOME steaks! The filet mignon is amazing. I highly recommend this place.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've eaten at the St. Julien (Jill's) and the food was good. My wife experienced some bad/slow service there once, but that was for lunch and I don't know all the details. The hotel looks nice.

Some friends were married at the Boulderado and its a very nice place as well. I don't think you could go wrong getting a room at either place.

Across from the Julien is the Boulder Chop House. AWESOME steaks! The filet mignon is amazing. I highly recommend this place.
Thanks bro. Sounds like we won't be making a mistake either way. Good to know. mmmm Boulder Chop House sounds good.
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/contact/tour-info.html

this is outside of town, so if you're hoofing it, don't bother.
it's worth it though.

seriously, i'm not settin' you up.
The tour is that good? If so, we'll make an effort to see it another time, but since this is our mini-honeymoon, it'll just be the hotel and nice restaurant in walking distance.