Quantcast

Boulder trails?

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
check out the fix bike shop, they have a whole bunch of dirt jumps in their back yard. 30th and bluff I think are the cross streets.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
haha so basically the fix is my only bet?
No, but that's the best thing in boulder. There's the gunbarrel jumps which I believe are in northish boulder and there is lake arbor in arvada (about 25 minutes from campus). Lake arbor has always been great in years past but i'm not sure how they're running as of late. There's lefthand canyon in boulder too as far as trails go, its OHV but if you can push the hour and a half up it it's pretty fun on the way down. No "freeride" to speak of. I think the closest thing is in keystone. I recommend the purchase of a trail bike....then there is a ton of stuff to ride.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Im sorry..but I am actually a bit confused. Is eaton park the same as the gunbarrel trails? (and those are **** now?) and what are the Lake Arbor trails?
Yes, Eaton and Gunbarrel are the same place and no one digs there so I would imagine they are effed. The Lake Arbor trails is an old epic dirt jump place in Arvada. Last time i was there (last November), things were running great, though bring your 20" if you've got one. They've got lines ranging from medium to big. Bring your shovel though or face the wrath of the Trail Nazis.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
yes, but solvista (only open on weekends) is about 100x better and is free and definitely worth the extra driving.
So in Boulder in the off season what do you ride? Just dirt jumps/xc and pump tracks? I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to school there... But I kinda like riding DH all year.

Sorry for the off topic random post.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
So in Boulder in the off season what do you ride? Just dirt jumps/xc and pump tracks? I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to school there... But I kinda like riding DH all year.

Sorry for the off topic random post.
XC... or if we have another 2 months of continuous snowfall again this winter you go skiing and drink.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Not really year round DH, though it generally stays pretty dry. What I always did to get my "DH" fix was go out to Hall ranch, pedal my DHer to the top, and blitz down, though don't go Sundays at it is SUPER busy.

fondigley

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Boulder, CO
Just to inform those who haven't been there in a while, the Gunbarrel jumps are in pretty good shape right now. Occasionally they get bad, but I have been digging on and off there for the past 4 years. They are my backyard, literally. The only line not running is the bmx line which is pretty big anyway. We are thinking about fixing it up soon, but without people riding it, it will prolly go downhill again. The Fix jumps are in a little better shape than Gunbarrel, but we try to keep most of the lines running out here.

There are still some other trails worth riding, some good shuttles too, just have to know people. My buddy rides his VP on every trail around here even though he has a Chameleon as well. He thinks it is worth the pain to climb it for the dh.

So they are ticketing on 63rd? I drive by that place a lot and it looks pretty well ridden.

Jan 29, 2003
Bethesda/Potomac MD
Just to inform those who haven't been there in a while, the Gunbarrel jumps are in pretty good shape right now. Occasionally they get bad, but I have been digging on and off there for the past 4 years. They are my backyard, literally. The only line not running is the bmx line which is pretty big anyway. We are thinking about fixing it up soon, but without people riding it, it will prolly go downhill again. The Fix jumps are in a little better shape than Gunbarrel, but we try to keep most of the lines running out here.

There are still some other trails worth riding, some good shuttles too, just have to know people. My buddy rides his VP on every trail around here even though he has a Chameleon as well. He thinks it is worth the pain to climb it for the dh.

So they are ticketing on 63rd? I drive by that place a lot and it looks pretty well ridden.
well thats good news. I would love to come out and help fix up some jumps when i get out there this weekend. I dont mind doing a littile djing on the VP either. PM me.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Yep...Well, the last time I checked. In the spring after the great snow sh!tfest it was the only place ridable, so naturally it was going off there. One particular Sunday I remember there was some sort of large clinic (there had to have been at least 20 riders) taking place.
:banghead:
The five oohh drove by all that day and the following week I heard they were ticketing. Who knows though, maybe things cooled off enough that people are riding again. Doubt it though. Best try again next spring.

rky mtn srfr

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
Boulder
I think there may be some confusion on this thread. Eaton Park, aka the Gunbarrel Jumps are just off 63rd St in Gunbarrel adjacent to Twin Lakes. It is a City Park designated as a bicycling dirt park, and you will not get a ticket there unless you are on a moto or have an alcoholic beverage in plain sight.

However, there are some jumps neat Stazio Ball fields, 61st St, I think. That is pretty much private land/Open Space, and yes you could get ticketed for tresspassing there.

rky mtn srfr

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
Boulder
more info... my bad, I guess someone got a ticket for their dog being offleash at Eaton Park/Gunbarrel jumps. You could prbly get fined for alcoholic beverages there too if the 5 O did a drive by and saw ya.

Right now, the water has to be walked in a bucket from the lake. Gonna talk to a friend w/the City to see about getting the spicket fixed....

here's some pics

Attachments