Quantcast

boxxer ride?

art vandelay

Chimp
Aug 28, 2004
Golden, CO
Whats the word on this fork? I'm thinking it will be a good option for my bullit with all the pedaling I do, but I haven't heard much about the fork. I tried searching and didn't come up with much. Anyone have any time on one of these?

thanks

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Not really marketed for DH...just a 5"-7" adjustable "freeride" fork for those who don't like a massive single crown. Sounds good to me. :thumb:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
My friend has one and likes it so far. It is pretty light and supple, and the U-Turn is a good feature.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The Super T is comparable in weight. The only advantage of the Boxxer Ride that I see is the U-Turn.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bigshred said:
Same non existent damping as the Boxxer Race.
If that's true then stick with the super T. I had a Boxxer Race which was great, untill I rode a Super T. The Boxxer Race is a good beginner or low budget fork IMO.

art vandelay

Chimp
Aug 28, 2004
Golden, CO
bigshred said:
Same non existent damping as the Boxxer Race.
Kind of what I was worried about. That uturn feature just makes it so tempting. Guess I'll wait it out and see if some other company brings a similar feature.

I tell ya what if RS could make a Boxxer Ride model that actually had a damper(team and wc) as opposed to the horid race model and had the travel feature it would sell like hot cakes to the "in between" crowd.

I thought about modding my team model until i realized that the travel reduction feature ='s race model compression internals(nothing,yes nothing besides a dummy rod).
Nifty idea though.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
LOOnatic said:
As i said i totally agree but the downside of getting that neato travel adjustment is totally bunk compression?
If RS could give both it would be a hot seller.
Sorry if I 'm just showing my ignorance, but I did not get the impression that Pike owners had much in the way of complaints about compression (aside from some complaints about the fork being too linear). At any rate, if any RS engineers are reading...GET ON IT!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
They should offer Motion Control air internals in the BoXXer World Cup for a light, adjustable DH fork.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i rode my friends bullit, he had a world cup i think, from my short time riding it i think that fork is more oriented for dh and riding rock gardens...but idk, i guess if you get heavier oil and put some air in those suckers and some tighter springs..