Quantcast

Boxxer romic fix

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Please dont tell me to do a search, I already did.

I read on here once where romic tech gave a detailed instruction on doing the fix. Now I cant seem to find it. Does anyone have the link? What I want to know is, do I just drill one side or drill all the way through the compression cart. Rockshox site says to just drill out the existing hole to 3mm. But i thought I read on the romic fix that they drilled all the way through? Thanks for the help.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
you only drill one hole, bore it to 3mm and make sure to clean it real good of debrie. i did on mine and i love the fork. also bought the black box rebound valve, makes a big improvement. if you have any questions just ask.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Thanks
I just ordered the rebound kit. Going to rebuild the fork next weekend. THe new base valve instructins look fairly simple, but I just saw conflicting info on drilling out the compression side.
What weight oil did you use in each leg?

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
i use the recommended weight(r=5wt &c=10wt). i have tried a heavier oil in the rebound side and found less then good results. also make sure to fill each leg with the right oil level, it is critical. to much oil and you will blow seals and too little damping won't feel right (oil level in each is 190 to 200 cc's)

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Thanks again i will let you know how it turns out. I am really hoping drilling out the comp. cart. will improve the small bump sensitivity. Couple times I have ridden it the fork feels great exept for the small stutter bumps. I am coming from a monster t and you couldn't feel any of the small stuff on that.