Quantcast

Boxxer Spring Setup...

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
Hey I have a brand new 05 boxxer team and I think the stock springs may be a bit too much for me. I weigh 150lbs and I think I need soft springs.

How does this work, can I run a medium on one side and a x-soft on the other or two soft springs or what?

If anyone on here has any soft or x-soft springs for sale just let me know, maybe even a Ti one? thanks alot

-J.R.

C_Mo

Chimp
Jul 15, 2003
Sofia, Bulgaria
Swap one of the springs with x-soft and you'll be fine. If you are smooth you can try just one x-firm... the 05 lowers are stiff enough for a single spring.

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
I have a 05 boxxer team and run two different weight springs
and definitely yes , you can swap and change your springs around to get the best setup for your weight and style it's all in the user manual
Page 7 of the manual has the spring rates
and spring combinations

Hope this helps
click on the link below for the 05 boxxer manual

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/Boxxer_English.pdf

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i have heard from manny rider that these are the best combinations for a rider that weight

one stock and one x soft
or two soft

but i wonder would it be possible to use one extreemly heavy ti spring?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
gangstamaxx said:
Hey I have a brand new 05 boxxer team and I think the stock springs may be a bit too much for me. I weigh 150lbs and I think I need soft springs.

How does this work, can I run a medium on one side and a x-soft on the other or two soft springs or what?

If anyone on here has any soft or x-soft springs for sale just let me know, maybe even a Ti one? thanks alot

-J.R.
since you are riding my old frame, i figured i could help you out with this one.

i weigh a bit more than you and ran the same setup as you for frame/fork last year.

if you have a 300lb spring on the back run a SOFT/EXTRA SOFT combo in the fork (this is the setup that myself, my brother, and other teamates all ran last year and we all weigh between 145 and 160)

if you have a 350lb on the shock run a SOFT/SOFT COMBO

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
Thanks Dave. Im running the same spring you sold me the 300 lb one. So I guess I am looking for soft and xtra soft springs! whose got em!

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
gangstamaxx said:
Thanks Dave. Im running the same spring you sold me the 300 lb one. So I guess I am looking for soft and xtra soft springs! whose got em!

running x-soft Ti and medium, feels great, maybe a little to stiff for you though, I weigh bout 165