Quantcast

Boxxer Team vs 888 RC2X

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
After a long decision, I'm getting my new frame: an Iron Horse Sunday.
Now i will have to get the right fork for it.
I like the boxxer because it's lighter than the 888, but i always rided a 888 so i don't know if a boxxer works good like it.
Than i'm a bit worried because i heard that the boxxer neads a lot of regular maintenance and it's not so solid like the triple 8.

What do you think, it's the Boxxer a good choice or should i go for the triple 8?

Stickler

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
Bellingham, WA
I've had the 888 and now ride an 06 Boxxer Team and it is no more maintenance than the 888. I actually prefer the way the Boxxer feels and like the adjustment much more.

Get the Boxxer---mine is also on a Sunday.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Boxxers are so easy to work on, and they fit the Sunday better IMO. Get one, you won't regret it. They feel so good.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
One thing I have noticed is the Boxxer is very narrow(Distance between stantions)and limits turning radius on Sundays or any frame that is wider near the head tube.May not be an issue on the trail,I have not ridden this combo,just noticed this on a buddys Boxxer/Sunday combo.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Boxxer.

DHRACER, you are probably talking about pre-2005 Boxxers.
The 2004 and older ones were narrow, and had very slight effects on the trail.
Post-2005 though, they became wider. I honestly dont thing you could touch the bumpers to the frame on a trail without eating ****.
I ride tight, techy, trails here in the NW and have never had a problem.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Boxxer.

Post-2005 though, they became wider. I honestly dont thing you could touch the bumpers to the frame on a trail without eating ****.
I ride tight, techy, trails here in the NW and have never had a problem.
No this is a 2007 Boxxer and a 2007 Sunday,but like I said I have not ridden this combo.It was something I noticed just sitting on one.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Boxxer.

Wrong. All Boxxers have the same crown offset/width. All of them.

I just broke my second set of boxxers in under a year. I'm done with Rock Shox. Buy a 888.

ape

Chimp
Jan 15, 2007
I gotta vote boxxer. Sorry to the marz lovers but no other fork even comes close to how good a team feels when its dialed in.