Quantcast

Bracketology 2017! aka anyone but %#@* Duke!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
UNC was my folks alma mater, so I tend to root for them. My wife is a huge Oregon fan, so we usually watch a few games and my sister went to UCLA and they have a Ball brother, so you have to watch or LaVar will beat your ass. :rofl:

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
UNC was my folks alma mater
What years did they go there? I hear that the dad of the Ball brothers is trying to pimp the shit out of his kids. Kinda like one of those tennis dads. Would love to see UCLA in the final 4. Shades of Lew Alcindor! (ok I know I've just dated myself horribly).

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What years did they go there? I hear that the dad of the Ball brothers is trying to pimp the shit out of his kids. Kinda like one of those tennis dads. Would love to see UCLA in the final 4. Shades of Lew Alcindor! (ok I know I've just dated myself horribly).
He's trying to get a Nike $1B shoe deal for all 3 kids. I just feel bad for all their names, dad included.

I think they got their Masters there in the early 60's? My folks are old as sh!t. :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
half my wife's family went to unc, the other half to duke. i originally moved to nc when my dad went back to get his phd at duke at the age of 50. go duke. eff the heels. oh, and since both wifey and me went to grad school at uva, go cavs too!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Basketball is the only major sport that I don't follow. Just never had much of an interest in it (pro or college). I did however fill out a bracket at work cause there is a free lunch for the winner.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Cliff steer went to UNC In the 60's
half my wife's family went to unc, the other half to duke. i originally moved to nc when my dad went back to get his phd at duke at the age of 50. go duke. eff the heels. oh, and since both wifey and me went to grad school at uva, go cavs too!

Nice try Yoss... I went to UNC in the mid 70s (w/Phil Ford running the Dean Smith 4 corners offense to perfection!). Wow, jstuhlman, ACC Carolina/Duke games must be hell in your wife's family. BTW, I always thought UVA would have been a fun place to attend and in a beautiful locale. I must admit I have little regard for Roy Williams, the UNC coach. He gets routinely out-coached by other coaches despite having superior talent. I can't even watch UNC play anymore cos I'm drop so many F-bombs all game (mostly directed at Williams) when I see them never quite fulfilling the potential of the talent they've recruited year after year. At this point I just want to see a #16 seed beat a #1 seed before I die. I'll care about Carolina after they find just cause to fire Williams.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My Final Four picks in my office pool are Villanova, Kansas, Gonzaga, and Kentucky. I have won my office pool twice in the last 15 years ($10 entry) totaling about $1000, so I figure my entries are now paid for for life. I won once with Duke and once with North Carolina.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Duke.... good f#%^ing riddance! Some great match-ups next round. Kansas looking really strong. I'm liking Rhode Island. That was a great win today over Oregon. Carolina looks beatable

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
trax...was it still around?

saw the meat puppets there....may have seen the jesus and mary chain there....memories fuzzy on that.
by the time we lived there (late 90s into early 2000s) it didn't really have any good shows. recall vaguely going there once or twice. for any good shows i'd head to richmond or dc. uva had some big punkfest w/avail and others once, which was pretty cool.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I watched UCLA and L. Ball for the first time yesterday. He's got excellent court sense and he's unselfish. His shot is highly unorthodox on the other hand and I wonder if he can make it at the NBA level (shoe deal or not). Not sure about team depth on UCLA either. Rhode Island on the other hand had all sorts of guys coming off the bench. Scrappy team too!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My office bracket is in shambles at the moment, and the only thing keeping any slight hope alive is that I have three of my Final Four left.
ESPN said that there were 18 known online brackets with the correct sweet 16. Something like .00000006% of the field. :rofl:

There were some amazing games this weekend. Wife couldn't stand to watch Oregon and missed the end, so I made her rewatch the last 1:30.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I thought this was going to be about a new bottom bracket standard. Thanks Obama :(

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I presume you are aware RI actually lost?
DOH! Yep I stand corrected Jackalope. Great games yesterday with hopefully more to come today. Need to wear sunglasses when watching Oregon with those glowing Tinkoff-esque uniforms. The Kentucky/UCLA match-up will be highly interesting (with L. Ball's position in the upcoming NBA draft very much in the balance imo).

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Hey Yoss, great picture of you. You're owning that studio there mister! I think you need to take another photo with your feet up on the table projecting that "fuck you and the college mascot you rode in on" typical Yossarian attitude.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Hey Yoss, great picture of you. You're owning that studio there mister! I think you need to take another photo with your feet up on the table projecting that "fuck you and the college mascot you rode in on" typical Yossarian attitude.
If I had seen this earlier, I would do just that. unfortunately, the last show of the series being shot right now and the set will get struck tomorrow and I will be on a plane for Reno in 14 hours.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
West Virginia epic fail, Michigan epic fail. Tonight see if UCLA maintains and if not, it will be everyone but Lonzo's fault.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wife bought 4 tickets to the Blazers Saturday night so we will miss the UNC beating of Oregon due to $500 in f'ing Blazer tickets. :shakefist: