Quantcast

Brake drama.....

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
rockymt21 said:
I think I have found someone to buy my Juicy's. So I now have around $400 to spend on new brakes, thinking either Hopes or Saints.

If you're looking for raw power, stay a hell away from Hope...

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
stgil888 said:
If you get a set of Hayes mags set up right.......they can be great.
..........once you upgrade the levers (I like GRC's) lines (Goodridge) pads (Galfer) and put in some good set up time (a good bleed with quality DOT fluid) they can easily match the performance of a higher-end brake.
Are Goodridge lines really that good? If so, are they easy to install? Do they use the compression fitting that the stock Hayes lines do? I'm looking for more power from my Mags, and that seems like a good place to start. Also, are the stock sintered pads good?

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
saint or formula brakes are great go with them. I think formula might be a little stronger, but are a little harder to find parts for.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
have saints, most likely will be riding for formula next year, and my dads bike which is up for sale has the juicy 7 bleeding and working on these brakes are the easiest thing out there, it is cool how one doesn't effect the other

all in all though i have to say other than the formulas the saints are kick arse in performance, just be carfule saints and water= horrible sound, even if its only a drop