Quantcast

Brand new Giant STP Zero 2008 for £400. Worth it?

Sep 9, 2009
I've made my choice. Its gonna be an STP.

Found an STP Zero 2008 (black & yellow) brand new for £400.

Whatcha think?

Sep 9, 2009
Well I can forget that idea now. It turns out the guy at the shop made a mistake & gave me the price for the wrong bike. Its 400 for the single speed. The Zero was 585, so out of my price range & I got my hopes up for nothing.

I dont think I'm meant to get a new bike:rolleyes:

I wanted gears tbh so I can do a bit of everything on it, but will either have to settle for a STP single speed 09 (£350) or if I want gears I'll have to go for a Giant Brass 1 09(£380) & hope it holds up ok on street aswell as dirt.

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
get the single speed stp. you can always add gears later when you save some cash, but I bet you won't want to after riding it for a bit.

Sep 9, 2009
get the single speed stp. you can always add gears later when you save some cash, but I bet you won't want to after riding it for a bit.
Yeah the SS is gonna be a lot lighter than the Brass too, but if I do want gears I dunno if the SS can take gears or if I'll have to swap out the entire wheel to do so.

I saw an STP 1 2008 for an insane price of £250 & it was in stock too, but its gonna be way too big for a guy my height (5 feet 6 inches) & I only have little legs (30 inside leg).

All I wanted was an Alu frame jump/street bike with gears & disc brakes for £350-£400 max:(

Sep 9, 2009
Well I made my decision. I found an STP 1 2008 for £250. Its got everything I wanted on it, only problem is that its a large & I'm only a shorty!!
However we'll see how big it actually is when it turns up (hopefully tomorrow). If its too big I'll strip it down & sell the frame, then buy a Blank Brand X frame in a short instead, so win win really!!