Quantcast

brand new majin 09

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
here, the brand new majin 09

the price is $480

steel 304, 5 kilos, THE most amazing majin ever, and this is my personal opinion, is THe sickest steel frame on the market at this moment in chile.

:clapping:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Wow, that's a hell of a deal for such a nice-looking frame (or drawing).

Does the weight include shock/hardware/axle?

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
i don't really know about the weight.

about the pivot adjustment, it doesn't affect the geo at all, the purpose is travel adjustment, and in the highest position the chain stretched 35 mm, or if you put on the lower position it makes the pedaling easier.

no pics built up yet, majin put this info like 1 week ago, and probably is going to take a 2 months to see the first one finished.

Last edited:

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
I don't need another DH bike, but for that price I just might, how would I get one?
My thoughts exactly... If you have any info regarding the frame please send me a PM.

Other than that looks nice... wouldn't mind one hole for the upper link though in the optimum position, something about that makes me question its stiffness/strength in that area.

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
here some more pics :

the price is 480 plus shipping [ maybe 150 bucks,maybe more, because it come from chile ] and I don't really know if that the frame is ready to order [ custom made, it is not a frame that you can get on a store]

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
Looks nice mate. The slotted top link worries me though. You reckon it will hold up? FEA?
You show FEA on the link but what about the frame in that area? pretty course mesh there too??

EDIT, sorry posted this after seeing picks at top

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The slotted top link worries me a little bit as well. What function do all the holes serve? Adjusting shock curve? Geometry?

Other than that it looks bangin' and I'd love to try one!

Is that price ($480) USD?

Npdh

Monkey
Apr 29, 2007
The slotted top link worries me a little bit as well. What function do all the holes serve? Adjusting shock curve? Geometry?

Other than that it looks bangin' and I'd love to try one!

Is that price ($480) USD?

Yeah, the holes are for adjusting geometry and the shock curve as well.

The first frame will be ready next week I think, so Dhdeskiciado or me , we will post photos.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
is vitox (i know that's his username here on RM) still making them? he's notoriously hard to get a hold of. At least for me!

Personally, I think 14.5" is a little high for the BB, but that depends on the amount of travel this bike produces (which I'd like to know as well).

I like the placement of the rear brakemount.

Throw up the rest of the specs when they're available (bb dims, rear axle dims, travel, etc).

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
wow that frame looks very interesting.

i would splurge and buy one just for that awesome price and build it up when i got a chance.

more info as soon as you've got it, por favor!

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
is vitox (i know that's his username here on RM) still making them? he's notoriously hard to get a hold of. At least for me!

Personally, I think 14.5" is a little high for the BB, but that depends on the amount of travel this bike produces (which I'd like to know as well).

I like the placement of the rear brakemount.

Throw up the rest of the specs when they're available (bb dims, rear axle dims, travel, etc).
first of all, vitox does not make the frames, Gustavo does, Vitox only ships them. second, the link is to ajust shock progresiveness and travel (starting at 220 mm going down to 160 mm, something like 8.5 - 6 inches of travel) with out having to change shock and the geometry stays the same. third, the geometry on the picture is with a more less long fork, with a boxxer the bb will come down, but the HA will be steeper. I guess one of the best things about these frames is they are costum made, thus the geometry can be hand picked by who ever wants to buy it. The frame is still under development. cheers

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Yeah, the holes are for adjusting geometry and the shock curve as well.

The first frame will be ready next week I think, so Dhdeskiciado or me , we will post photos.
I wouldn't think the holes would have hardly any impact on shock curve, the shock is mounted to the non adjustable bottom link and frame, and mainly rearward wheel travel would change(very little)and possibly slightly affect brake and chain induced effects by moving the top link. Because the top link holes seem to curve around the pivot hole, they wouldn't have any affect on static geo either, as they wouldn't change the BB height at all, accept for into the travel, and not much at all. That's how I see it by the pics. and why connect those holes? I'm sure they'll just make a series of holes on the finished frame, I'd rather see the best possible braking characteristics (squatting or neutral)from the chosen hole, and an idler to deal with chain growth.
Bottom link/shock mount reminds me of the Zumbi.
Looks good, can't wait to see one made.
Edit, just read Karpis post about adjusting travel. So do the different settings affect chain and brake induced effects on the suspension?

Last edited:

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Edit, just read Karpis post about adjusting travel. So do the different settings affect chain and brake induced effects on the suspension?

yes, when you put pivot at the highest point [also the position of longer travel ] the chain stretch 35 mm
I don't know about the brake. but majin says that basically affects the travel and the hardness of the suspension, so the pedaling is also affected [ softer at the highest point, and hardest at the lowest point]

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
The frame looks awesome.

If you guys sell it through Ebay with paypal handling the money it should make people less nervous about buying a handmade frame from a small builder in another part of the world. I know I'd be a lot more likely to buy one if you guys did.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
looks sick....i guess the new thing is any iteration where the main(or virtual main) pivot works similarly to dw-link.....i'd be flattered....mr weagle may have revolutionized mtb suspension......
Yeah.....maybe if he came up with a parallel link first. Which he didn't.

dirtdigger

Monkey
Mar 18, 2007
N.zud
I think the adjustable wheel path is pretty cool idea, will also change the amount of brake squat too.

Hours of fun playing around with different setups:banana:

Last edited: