Quantcast

Brand New Ti Springs on Ebay!!

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I got one from him. He's been selling them for a good portion of the season - I was watching. The selling prices seem to go up and down quite a bit on them.

They are legit - new Progressive ti springs (at least mine was).

toby

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
He does not have a 300x 3.0
Will a 300x2.75 will fit the Sunday?
I don't have a sunday, but...
Go look on your current spring. See if it is a true 3.0", or what fox does sometimes, a 2.8". Then message Ti spring guy and see if it is a 2.75", or a 2.8". Boom.

Also, check your free-length and available threaded shock-body length.

On my CCDB I got a Ti spring that is over 1" shorter than the stock steel one. I was able to do this because the CCDB has a lot of the shock body threaded, so I could simply screw the preload nut down a few turns. The spring still has proper clearance, and is actually designed to compress .05" more then the stock steel spring.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
The Progressive Ti springs use a small ID measurement than the DHX. The Progressive Ti spring I had fit a older Fox Vanilla really well, but tended to rub on the DHX. Ti is pretty abrasive stuff when it is rubbing on aluminum.

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Damn, I don't think any of those work for my 7Point7, which has a DHX 5.0 2.75" x 8.75". The free length on the 2.75" ti spring is only 6.35"...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Damn, I don't think any of those work for my 7Point7, which has a DHX 5.0 2.75" x 8.75". The free length on the 2.75" ti spring is only 6.35"...
um, the 8.75" refers to the length between the eyelets of your shock, where the shock bolts into the frame. the length the spring you're using now is probably around 6.5"

it'll work..