Quantcast

Branford Quarry(reckage)

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Yeah, and our money would be morth more, we'd all have healthcare and 6 weeks vacation.
lol... I thought the average was 8 wks vaca....though I think I'll keep my good ol' USA dental plan... :biggrin:

btw, this thread has taken a turn down Retard Lane....

J

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
lol... I thought the average was 8 wks vaca....though I think I'll keep my good ol' USA dental plan... :biggrin:

btw, this thread has taken a turn down Retard Lane....

J
Nothing like it, 20-25 days is the norm (so 4-5 weeks). We get 8 public holidays on top of that (christmas, boxing day, new year, 2*easter, 3 random ones).

I'm self-employed now though and will probably take 40 days or so this year :)

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
You know what you should of done to get some extra laughs?? When that scrape was still fresh, you should of open-hand slapped it!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Nothing like it, 20-25 days is the norm (so 4-5 weeks). We get 8 public holidays on top of that (christmas, boxing day, new year, 2*easter, 3 random ones).

I'm self-employed now though and will probably take 40 days or so this year :)

Hmm... 4 weeks + 2 Sick Days, 11 Holidays and paid lunch and transportation. AND I'm comin for your London Hedge Funds too! Ive got 3 yanks in place already.. Muahahaha......

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Hmm... 4 weeks + 2 Sick Days, 11 Holidays and paid lunch and transportation. AND I'm comin for your London Hedge Funds too! Ive got 3 yanks in place already.. Muahahaha......
Oh yeah, a lot of jobs have full paid sick days as well, my last one certainly did. You can use about 6-10 a year before anyone gets ****ty with you...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
FRANCE:
Every weekend in May/June seems to be a bank holiday.
Everything closes between 12noon and 3pm for lunch. All year.
May, June, September, October, November are my holidays.
Health care is brilliant.
France loves cyclists. Its their religion.
France has Alizee.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
France really loves cyclist. I will never forget riding down hill on the hiking trails and the hikers cheering us when we passed them such a great experience.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Me too, I remebmer a group of about 10 of us hammering down the really long super-fast rocky fireroad from Switzerland into Les Linderets. there were loads of families walking up it, but as we SCORCHED past them they were all shouting "allez allez allez!"

I was carving the bank as a berm at times around the mobile chicanes (children) that were appearing all over the track. In the UK you would receive a TORRENT of abuse (quite rightly, to be fair) for such behaviour!

That was sweet :D