Quantcast

Bread machines rule

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Damn my bread machine rules! It's my first one, bought four days ago.

I've woken to the smell of fresh bread every morning and had fresh baked bread every night since. So good.

Who has one and uses it?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
The blade to mine was lost. Not by me.

Lucky for me I can't swing a dead cat from my front door without hitting several old school Italian bakeries.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The blade to mine was lost. Not by me.

Lucky for me I can't swing a dead cat from my front door without hitting several old school Italian bakeries.
I can't ever swing a dead cat without it's tail snapping off.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I live in the French Alps. There are more bakeries than bars. However, home baked bread is not only cheaper, but I don't have to drive there every morning before my guests get up.

I can't ever swing a dead cat without it's tail snapping off.
You need to hold it closer in. Around the halfway mark.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I never got into our bread machine. Between the lame loaf shape and cleanup it wasn't worth the hassle. I used to make pizza dough in it but I can get killer dough from the local pizza joint for under a $1.

When I get a hankering for home made bread I kick it old skool and have the wife make it.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have made my fair share (read: shtload) of bread by hand.

The ability to pop the ingredients in a machine, set the timer and be woken by the smell of bread is great. Too easy. I'm making 2 loaves a day since I bought the thing and the guests love it.

Plain for breakfast (white/french crust) and assorted flavours for dinner (sundried tomato/rosemary/olive/walnut etc..).