Quantcast

Breaking football news (haters need not reply)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Old? He's 28....in his prime.

No doubt the surgically repaired knee is a huge question, which is probably why the measly 2nd round pick was all the Vikings got.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dfinn said:
will he ever get back to his 04/05 form? Or was it just a pathetic supporting cast.
How he really sucked when Randy Moss became an Oakland Gangsta?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I Are Baboon said:
Daunte Culpepper just got traded to Miami.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368259

:eek:

Opie, your thoughts?

For a second round pick!? Are you kidding me?
hahahah, got your PM and thought I was in trouble... again ;) :D

As for Culpepper, hell yeah! Now if we could only grab Terrell Owens for cheap too!

Too bad Ricky Williams will be out for the year on likely drug violations.

As for Culpepper's age... he young enough to give the Dolphins 10 (potentially) great years. Too young for the Dolphins to draft a potential QB cuz that'd just put DC back in the situation he was in with Brad Johnson breathing down his neck. That said, after a 9-7 season last year, look out for the re-surgent Dolphins under Nick Saban.

BOOYAH!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
gastro said:
Three torn ligaments in the same knee adds 10 years to his effective age as a QB. :p

Don't get me wrong - I'm a lifelong Miami fan, and I hope he makes a 100% recovery, wins four Super Bowls, and ends up in Canton, but I have my doubts.
Yup, permanently screwed knee. But I think a QB should be a pocket passer, team leader, game manager, and good decision maker.

Look at Marino... if he and a pregnant woman got into a foot-race, he'd finish third ;)

Towards the end of Dan's career, you could totally see how good he was despite his lack of mobility.

If Dante wants to be good again, he should take Aikido and learn how small steps can be extremely effective.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Culpepper is so overrated its ridiculous. Im only saddened that my bears wont be able to beat his ass again this year.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
And Drew Brees is off to New Orleans........

And T.O gets some big $$$ if he's not cut today, wonder where he'll go?

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
LordOpie said:
Yeah, Culpepper's overrated, he's no where near as good as Gus Frerotte.
He was the man in DC back in the day, showing glimpses of Kilmer and Jorgenson and Williams and even that old cat from waaaay back Sammy Baugh.........for about a half until he smashed his head celebrating that touchdown.

Around here, the only quarterback that ever was and ever will be: Payton Manning. No one else matters. Say it w/ a slow, southern drawl - Payton Manning. He was robbed in the SEC champ game and the Heisman and his whole pro career. Culpepper who, isn't that a town in Virginia. Payton Manning. PAYTON MANNING!!

(I hope the sarcasm came through :) )

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
d.e.f. said:
He was the man in DC back in the day, showing glimpses of Kilmer and Jorgenson and Williams and even that old cat from waaaay back Sammy Baugh.........for about a half until he smashed his head celebrating that touchdown.

Around here, the only quarterback that ever was and ever will be: Payton Manning. No one else matters. Say it w/ a slow, southern drawl - Payton Manning. He was robbed in the SEC champ game and the Heisman and his whole pro career. Culpepper who, isn't that a town in Virginia. Payton Manning. PAYTON MANNING!!

*cough* e *cough*

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Secret Squirrel said:
*cough* e *cough*
Spelling does not concern me. Its the love of Peyton and all his glorious touchdowns and charity and humility and that he was a Vol. I'm sure he would just pat me on the back and say "You'll get the next one tiger."

But thank you for showing me that even with all my education and woldly knowledge, I can still manage to look like one of the goober, spoiled SB prep schoolers.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
d.e.f. said:
Spelling does not concern me. Its the love of Peyton and all his glorious touchdowns and charity and humility and that he was a Vol. I'm sure he would just pat me on the back and say "You'll get the next one tiger."

But thank you for showing me that even with all my education and woldly knowledge, I can still manage to look like one of the goober, spoiled SB prep schoolers.
DE-CAF *bang bang* DE-CAF *bang bang*

Da da da datdada...CHARLIE!!....Your good too...

still one of my favorite commercials....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You'll get the next on tiger!:)

I can't believe that SD gave up Brees for Rivers...that's just dumb....but I guess we'll see...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
d.e.f. said:

How quickly you forgot about Heath Shuler.

And if Todd Helton stuck with being a QB.....

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
Culpepper is extremely overrated...that's an unfortunate move for Miami.

Almost as stupid as my Ravens keeping Jamal Lewis, releasing Chester taylor, and paying top dollar for JL. Oh, and don't worry about that QB situation, dumb@sses.

Here's to another lame season in Baltimore.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Matt H said:

Almost as stupid as my Ravens keeping Jamal Lewis, releasing Chester taylor, and paying top dollar for JL. Oh, and don't worry about that QB situation, dumb@sses.

Once I saw that come up on the wire I just about had to drop trou....:mumble: :mad:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Matt H said:

Plus giving up, Maake Kemoeatu, the center of your defensive line.... thanks for hooking us up.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
TO is open for business. Who's got a bag of money for him?

Keshawn Johnson is on the loose too. Kitna's going to Detroit. Givins is headed to Tennessee, Jurevicious went to Cleveland, Edgerrin James is now in Arizona, Randle El goes to Washington, Trevor Pryce and Mike Anderson are off to Baltimore and Shawn Barber is back with the Eagles.

Interesting off season. Very interesting indeed.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
T.O. will be wearing either a Dallas or Denver jersey by Friday. Book it. Etch it in stone.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Skookum said:
More like who's got a bag of money with strings attached to every bill i bet.......
True. I really don't expect him to get more than 60% of what his last contract was valued at, if that. Nobody is going to take a chance on him, at least not with a multi-year deal.

BurlyShirley said:
T.O. will be wearing either a Dallas or Denver jersey by Friday. Book it. Etch it in stone.
I hope to hell that Denver picks him up. I also hope to hell that they all get together and whoop the sh!t out of him in the locker room the day he gets there and puts him in line. Denver needs a big play receiver, and TO is it, IF they can control him.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
robdamanii said:
True. I really don't expect him to get more than 60% of what his last contract was valued at, if that. Nobody is going to take a chance on him, at least not with a multi-year deal.
You're crazy. I guarantee he gets a multi year deal from either of the two teams I mentioned. He may not get what he got last year, but he will make alot.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
You're crazy. I guarantee he gets a multi year deal from either of the two teams I mentioned. He may not get what he got last year, but he will make alot.
I don't know. Keshawn was released due to salary cap issues (supposedly), so I don't see them running out and spending a bucketload on an iffy receiver like TO.

Denver's also in a little bit of salary cap crunch, so I think a multi-year deal with them may be out as well. Although Keshawn could be an option.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
robdamanii said:
I don't know. Keshawn was released due to salary cap issues (supposedly), so I don't see them running out and spending a bucketload on an iffy receiver like TO.

Denver's also in a little bit of salary cap crunch, so I think a multi-year deal with them may be out as well. Although Keshawn could be an option.
Multi-year deals actually tend to work out better for the cap than do 1 year deals. Contracts can be backloaded so that the hit on the cap is relatively small the first year. They offset that by giving a large signing bonus.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Multi-year deals actually tend to work out better for the cap than do 1 year deals. Contracts can be backloaded so that the hit on the cap is relatively small the first year. They offset that by giving a large signing bonus.
It's the signing bonus I'd worry about, and the future cap situation. And TO has the potential to command a hell of a signing bonus.