Quantcast

Brevard Area Ride suggestions?

RastaRider

Chimp
Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I'm headed to Brevard this weekend for some camping and riding and want some ride suggestions. I'll be taking the SS with a decent climbing gear and the others in our group are in various stages of fitness.

Rides:
Friday afternoon: <10.1 miles
Saturday all day 20-30 miles
Sunday morning 10-15 miles

I am thinking of taking the DH bike for Friday evening so we may just do Greenslick but are open to suggestions. Plus we'll be camping very near Bent Creek. Willing to drive a little (DuPont, Pisgah, Bent Creek).

Thanks,
Sanders

FloridaFish

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
What other rides have you done in Pisgah?

So far, my core Pisgah rides are Black Mtn trail, Laurel Mtn/Pilot Rock/Pilot Cove, and my new favorite is Farlow Gap trail.

NCrider5

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Asheville NC
yeah man, floridafish listed by far the best DH trails in pisgah, if you are looking to get in some good mileage on your cross country id go for squirrel gap, very long and treacherous backcountry singletrack, fun ride too

Farlow gap is fun on the trail bike and maybe even the DH as there is a nice long rock garden on it that you need to make a couple turns in. Squirrel gap is a great trail bike ride that is pretty long and has some consequences. Trace ridge is short but can be a fun 5 minutes on the DH bike and you can shuttle it. Laurel mountain to pilot rock is another great trail - great rock garden on pilot rock. Black mountain is another must do. It's really hard to wrong on whatever trail you decide to ride out there. Have fun!!

RastaRider

Chimp
Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Thanks yall. Most of my riding will be on the SS. Its a trail worthy bike though. I've ridden some of the stuff behind the ranger station and stables but its been so long since I've been there that everything will feel new. I'll probably swing by The Hub and get some directions.