Quantcast

brevard pump track

ridingdown

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
I was just wondering if anyone here knows where the pump track and dual slalom course in Brevard are at. I have seen mention of them in here but no locations.
Thanks

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
I hate to be the one who bring up bad news of such a sick DS & Pumptrack..... but I was up there a week or so ago and there Damn insurance does not cover race courses. The DH and DS is considered a race course by there insurance company. You can ride the XC and Pumptrack for $ 10. I was so pissed because, I know how hard Chris Herdon worked to get this place as sick as it is. Hopefully in the near future we can ride the DH & DS again. They both are out of this world!!!! Soon come Hopefully.....

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
They told us that the can Collegiate Races, but there insurance does not cover the use of the public. Sorry I should've put this in my post, earlier.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
just have "daily races" for $10....problem solved ;)
for a race you have to prepay a deposit on the event for say $300.00, then either pay additionally per rider after the event or receive a rebate based on a reduced attendance if it's a NORBA race.

If it's just direct through McKay, I don't know the rebate/addt fee rule...but you still have to pay your premium in advance.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
for a race you have to prepay a deposit on the event for say $300.00, then either pay additionally per rider after the event or receive a rebate based on a reduced attendance if it's a NORBA race.

If it's just direct through McKay, I don't know the rebate/addt fee rule...but you still have to pay your premium in advance.
Using McKay for this weekends race. Cap at 100 racers and it cost us $335 for the one day event.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
how many racers are already signed up?
About 26 to 30 I am thinking. We are capped at 100 the first years race. We know that most will wait till Saturday night to enter. About every race I have put on about 80% of your rider turn out signs up the day before or race day. You want to pre sign on Saturday night at the latest so you get you Raffle Ticket for the drawing that night. Signing up the day of the race will be $50 and no raffle ticket as the raffle will already be done the night before.

For those that are questioning coming, you will want to come. It will be well worth the trip!!!! The event will be one of the best the South East has to offer. The race course is pure DH fun!!!!!

Last edited: