Quantcast

Bridge Jumping

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
haha, i thought i replied to this thread yesterday :think:

my sister goes to cornell! the gorges are super fun to jump off of, too bad its illegal :( but the cops are cool and always let it slide.

AH, the hesitant one in the blue shorts i see.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Nice! Looks like fun!
There's a super scary cliff to jump off of in Missouri @ Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park. It's about 50 feet and you have to jump out far enough to clear some shallow rocks. It'll get you heart going!
Here's a crappy picture I found on the net of it...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Originally posted by zod
There's a super scary cliff to jump off of in Missouri @ Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park. It's about 50 feet and you have to jump out far enough to clear some shallow rocks. It'll get you heart going!
He he. I've jumped off that. I'm not a huge fan of heights, so it definitely got my heart going! Johnson's Shut-ins is the bomb! I love that place. Just find yourself a little waterfall in the sun to sit under, and watch all the rednecks play in the water.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
burst my eardrum on a jump that was just over 100 feet... it was a cliff in Hawaii though, not a bridge in NY.

You had to get a running start too to make sure you cleared the rocks :D

Anyway, I dont know why my eardrum burst... we were at altitude so maybe it was that? I have no idea... I do know this, never get water in an ear that has a burst eardrum :eek:

Also, you cant scubadive with a burst eardrum even with earplugs :angry:

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Originally posted by pixelninja
He he. I've jumped off that. I'm not a huge fan of heights, so it definitely got my heart going! Johnson's Shut-ins is the bomb! I love that place. Just find yourself a little waterfall in the sun to sit under, and watch all the rednecks play in the water.
Did you go to Elephant Rocks park too, it's right up the road?? That'd be one cool spot to take a mountain bike but I am sure it is not allowed, haven't been there in a good 13 years or so though...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Originally posted by zod
Did you go to Elephant Rocks park too, it's right up the road?? That'd be one cool spot to take a mountain bike but I am sure it is not allowed, haven't been there in a good 13 years or so though...
I believe only hiking/scrambling in Elephant Rocks. Its been a while since I've been there too. I used to live in St. Louis, so we'd go down to Johnsons at least once or twice a year.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Originally posted by zod
That's cool, I'm from the Lou as well, I still go back every year or so.......
Oh yeah? So what high school did you go to?

You can tell I'm from the StL just by asking that question

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Originally posted by BigMike
On my trip to Ithica Ney York, I went gorge jumping. This is a horrible horrible video taken from a digi cam of the bridge we were jumping. Its good enough to get an idea......

I'm the second blob wearing blue shorts :)

Right Click, Save as
Cool.

Did you get to do any riding? There are some good trails out that way.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I've been in the South for 20+ years.....moved away from the Lou when I was a young kid.

My Mother however graduated from Webster Grove HS.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by jacksonpt
Cool.

Did you get to do any riding? There are some good trails out that way.
Yeah, I went riding a few times. There is some awesome stuff there!

Yeah, yeah, I was a bit hesitant, but that was the third time I jumped the bridge, and, we had jumped the gorge too. so, I had every right to be hesitant, I was tired! :D