Quantcast

Broken Clavicle Club

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Well, I'm the newest member of the broken clavicle club. Broke it today at softies. In 2 places. Thanks go out to Showtime, Megan Black and the other guy who's name I can't remember for helping me out. Also thanks to Mike for driving me to the hospital and waiting around. It sucks, but at lease I got a prescription of percocet - woohoo!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Ya...heard the bad news from across the creek. At least you got the 'goods' AND they're legal.:thumb:
We'll make sure to have lots of fun new stuff for you in the flow-section when you return. The tranny for the drop that we were working on today is smooth as silk.

Mondo healing vibes your way!!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I feel your pain. 3 times here. The first time's the worst.
At least you can ski and snowboard with it broken. A lot harder to bike...
6-8 weeks and you'll be back in the saddle.

Mr. Beans

Chimp
Sep 22, 2004
Issaquah, WA
Man, that sucks. I am sorry to hear it is broken. We were trying to be optimistic and hoping that it wasn't, but I guess we were wrong... I hope you heal up fast. Those jumps sure had their share of carnage yesterday... Guess it was going around...

Jake

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Mr. Beans said:
Man, that sucks. I am sorry to hear it is broken. We were trying to be optimistic and hoping that it wasn't, but I guess we were wrong... I hope you heal up fast. Those jumps sure had their share of carnage yesterday... Guess it was going around...

Jake
Thanks for being optimistic, I was pretty sure it was busted, especially after I set the first break in and felt the bones scratching. I was having a good time too. I'll be back there though - not this year - I have to clear that third one.

Andy - yes the bike is A OK, haha.

Lumberjack - I was on my Bullit, damn full-suspension bikes! :)

chamber_gurl

Chimp
Nov 20, 2004
bristol, England
yeah broken clavicle- not a nice thing. I've broken mine too many times (ok well only 3 times..but thats three times too many !!!)
a few words of advice.
!Never jump off your friends roofs, claiming that you cant hurt youself..
!Never laugh too much once your clavicle is bust -even low brow sex jokes r agony!!!
!Time is the best healer- i know thats the saying for a broken heart, but same rules apply here!
!Dont break it again!!!

I rekon we shud get a bit of a Secret hand shake going down, for every poor mo'fo who has a life time membership to the Broken clavicle Club
Then everyone else who hasn't broken theirs will just look upon us as sad bitter bikers, Thus they wont want to be in our club THUS we're actually doing them a favour by making sure that they wont break the C bone!!!
get the picture!?!! Plus i rekon sercet hand shakes are funny......

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
chamber_gurl said:
yeah broken clavicle- not a nice thing. I've broken mine too many times (ok well only 3 times..but thats three times too many !!!)
a few words of advice.
!Never laugh too much once your clavicle is bust -even low brow sex jokes r agony!!!
!Time is the best healer- i know thats the saying for a broken heart, but same rules apply here!
!Dont break it again!!!

I rekon we shud get a bit of a Secret hand shake going down, for every poor mo'fo who has a life time membership to the Broken clavicle Club
Then everyone else who hasn't broken theirs will just look upon us as sad bitter bikers, Thus they wont want to be in our club THUS we're actually doing them a favour by making sure that they wont break the C bone!!!

Hahaha - funny stuff!:D
I'm down for the secret handshake thing. I'm a non-member (knock on wood) of the BCC, but would be inspired not to join if I saw the 'pathetic' shake.
I think something that involves like you're about to do a shoulder bump w/ the other person but backing off at the last second and holding the shoulder would discourage wannabe memebers.:p

Good to hear the bike is ok at least, Loretto! You should be back to full-strength in time for the opener next year @ Whistler!!:drool:

chamber_gurl

Chimp
Nov 20, 2004
bristol, England
Since I've been shunded away from all hand shakes and such as a kid i aint really too sure how to start one off. But im dwn with that idea, you got going... plus I would be DELIGHTED if we could maybe even incorprate the odd cartwheel here and there.. just a suggestion tho!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
chamber_gurl said:
a few words of advice.
!Dont break it again!!!

Haha - that made me laugh and it hurts! :(

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
I still can't believe Five would go through all that trouble of breakin' hisself just so he didn't have to ride down to Port Orchard with me the next day! ;)

Glad to hear you at least got some good drugs.

Let me know when you're ready to get back into it and you can show me n.seatac and heal up quick so you can go own that line!

:D

mb

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Megan Black said:
I still can't believe Five would go through all that trouble of breakin' hisself just so he didn't have to ride down to Port Orchard with me the next day! ;)

Glad to hear you at least got some good drugs.

Let me know when you're ready to get back into it and you can show me n.seatac and heal up quick so you can go own that line!

:D

mb

haha - yep that's why I broke it, you figured me out. Hmmm, wonder what I should break the next time we're supposed to go somewhere?

Check out www.seatacbmx.org for directions to the track if you want to go and practice. It's a public track so it's always open.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
chamber_gurl said:
ha ha ha ha he feels it four times more!!! whats up??? broke all FOUR clavicle bones?!!??! what a bitch that must be!!!!!!!!
Broke the Left one 4 times.....1 time skateboarding 2 times speedskating and 1 time in the second grade I took an odd fall. The last 2 times it broke it almost felt routine........ :rolleyes: