Quantcast

Broken Sunday axle

Don Diablo

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
After I had my frame repainted the rear axle of my sunday had some trouble getting threaded in. Resulting in breaking while trying to get it out...

So now i'm looking for a new rear axle and a way to get out the broken pit that is still stuck in the frame.

Any tips?

I'm living in the Netherlands by the way. Does anyone know how Iron Horse distribution is sorted out these days?

thanks

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Cycle Supply Europe have at least had the distribution rights.

I'm not sure they are in business anymore but they might have a replacement axle for you if they haven't gone bankrupt or shut down.

Try and contact them, +41 22 566 77 12, michel@cyclesupplyeurope.com

When it comes to your axle. if it's hollowed out, you can use a tapping tool to make a thread for a small allen-head bolt from the outside, then use an allen key to screw the whole thing out.

If you don't have a hole in the axle, make a central marking with an awl and then drill one out. Then use the procedure I mentioned above.

Don Diablo

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cycle Supply Europe have at least had the distribution rights.

I'm not sure they are in business anymore but they might have a replacement axle for you if they haven't gone bankrupt or shut down.

Try and contact them, +41 22 566 77 12, michel@cyclesupplyeurope.com

When it comes to your axle. if it's hollowed out, you can use a tapping tool to make a thread for a small allen-head bolt from the outside, then use an allen key to screw the whole thing out.

If you don't have a hole in the axle, make a central marking with an awl and then drill one out. Then use the procedure I mentioned above.

Thanks, but I think they're out of business. Have not been able to contact them...
So, still no new axle!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I think I have an extra one around in my basement. I will look when I have a chance. Just pay the shipping on it if I do.

-ska todd