Quantcast

Bromont 2010 thread

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I just checked their site, May 8th is opening day. WHo will have a pass up there this year? Anyone know about any changes at the hill this year? Will we still be on the frontside, or will we be moving to the other side this year?

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
There is no WC at Bromont this year. I am interested what side of the hill will be used for the Canada Cup in August.

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
the reason all the events are now on the backside is due to the water park. which is why historically the canada cup was always in the $@#t rain of may, because the water park was not open yet. now that they can have events not conflict with the water park, i am most certain that the events will be on the backside from now on.

and another +1 on the pass.

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
Canada cup is scheduled on August 22th for the 4x and on the 23th for the DH. There are no plan to move back the race on the main side of the mountain in the future for the reason mentioned in the thread. Expect changes to the tracks this year as usual to make them better!

bigwheel

Monkey
May 24, 2004
Canada
soooo, how was Bromont?

had a look at the weather forecast... did it snow on the weekend?

hoping to go in a few weeks.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Opening Day was a blast a little wet / foggy in the morning but the afternoon was sweet.

Sunday they were closed do to a Snow Storm.

paintmc

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
I am soooo pi$$ed I didn't bring my bike on Saturday. I live in Mtl and it was pooring rain when I woke up and I told myself that the biking would be a no go. By the time I got there to get my passes it wasn't rainning anymore. O well...hopefully next weekend I can get out.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I jacked up my knee pretty bad last weekend so missed opening day. oping I don't miss the whole season.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea I was a little surprised to wake up sunday morning and see snow. Saturday was great though! Was my first time at Bromont, definitely won't be the last.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Sunday they were closed do to a Snow Storm.

NO WAY!!!! they actually closed!!!

IT was so cold here yesterday,I was wearing my winter coat to have a smoke outside everytime....

Im surprised they closed,I've been there on last day closings,and often it snows up top and rains at the bottom and the trails are filled of snow.

Good to hear people have gone allready :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think part of it had to do with some erosion / damage that occured to a few features from the rain/riding on Saturday as well. Some of the berms didn't seem to be fully packed/set and were getting worked.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sunday (the 16th) was great. Except for the lineups. I think they were at least 45 minutes long for most of the day. Hopefully with them opening up the rest of the mountain next weekend, and the race season beginning, there will be less crowds now... but the conditions were sweet.

btw, to the Trumpore brothers... were you guys there on Sunday? Is one of you riding a carbon fury? It's a sweet lookin' bike in person...

Killingtonvt

Monkey
Sep 19, 2005
Bellingham, WA
Last edited:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
They open June 20th, 7 days a week. Pretty hard to understand the schedule... it took me a bi to figure it out myself.

From their site:
May 8 to June 20*
* Chairlifts # 3 and # 5 will operate from 10 am till 5 pm on weekends and civic holidays only.
I was taking that to mean that another chair does operate outside of those days. I see how you could read it that way too.