Quantcast

Bromont helmet cam 5/16

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Some Bromont helmet cam from today. anyone know a better video hosting site than vimeo; one that doesn't totally kill the resolution? Looks way better on facebook but that's not as easy to share.

Bromont May 16 on Vimeo

edit: technically it's not a helmet cam, it's a chest-cam. i like this angle a lot more than a helmet cam

Last edited:

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Nice! One option (I usually do it when people link vimeo) is in the lower right corner you can download the video. Looks much better if you're patient.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Did you get a new fork? Why is your crown/fork black in the video?
wondered if anyone would notice. yes, since that pic was taken the white fork was swapped for a black one (and the brake lines were trimmed). Dave still has the white fork and now we can actually tell our bikes apart.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Nice video. That the go-pro wide angle? Always a little sobering to see how fast I should be riding this kind of terrain.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
General,

Did you use the chest mount as normal, or mount it upside down to aim it higher and then use the UPd mode in camera to flip it rightside...if that makes any sense to you?

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
edit: technically it's not a helmet cam, it's a chest-cam. i like this angle a lot more than a helmet cam
Indeed. I have used the helmet cam so far but I like your video from this point of view. I may have to get the chest strap now...

I guess you were able to ride before the downpour? We were drowned in MTL. I am planning to be in Bromont Sunday.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
top of trail #7 is looking good since being fixed up last fall.
it's really good right now, though I do miss the original jump into those sweeping corners I think the new trail flows a lot better and you do not have to deal with sketchy people walking down the bridge section causing a traffic jam all day.... the new ending of 7 is pretty good now as well once you come off the big second bridge and merge into the last corner of some older trails.

trail 24 is awesome now, and the helmet cam run was the first time down it since last July... nothing like not knowing where you are going, haha

dhpaddy

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Great riding and its the best view ive yet to see from a cam .. :clapping:
Im going to buy one of them for my birthday defo

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
it's really good right now, though I do miss the original jump into those sweeping corners I think the new trail flows a lot better and you do not have to deal with sketchy people walking down the bridge section causing a traffic jam all day.... the new ending of 7 is pretty good now as well once you come off the big second bridge and merge into the last corner of some older trails.

trail 24 is awesome now, and the helmet cam run was the first time down it since last July... nothing like not knowing where you are going, haha
That whole wooden section is gone from the upper 1/3 of 7? I loved watching guys ride there rear brake all the way done that chicken wire. When they got to the bern they had no rear tire left. Always good for a laugh.

Great vid as usual Dave and Lee. I always think that I am going fast through those trails until I see the vids.

Evil Sylvain

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Montreal, QC, Canada
That whole wooden section is gone from the upper 1/3 of 7? I loved watching guys ride there rear brake all the way done that chicken wire. When they got to the bern they had no rear tire left. Always good for a laugh.
It's still there. But there are two options now. Either going down the wooden section leading to the rock drop or use the "new" upper line that has some kickers built in and that is much faster to rip through. It's what you see in the video. I now prefer using that route.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
It's still there. But there are two options now. Either going down the wooden section leading to the rock drop or use the "new" upper line that has some kickers built in and that is much faster to rip through. It's what you see in the video. I now prefer using that route.
Nice, thanks man. I will check it out in a few weeks.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
"your killing me dude ". :rofl: good stuff.

Hadn't ridden that trail since it was re-worked in July and it was a little sketchy this early in the year. That trail is super steep in places and it's way easier to be the 2nd rider and just assume the guy in front is on the correct line so i kept running into Dave's rear wheel. Def need to go back when the speed is dialed up a bit more and the trail is bedded in. For you Earthed fans, from 5:30-5:55 is the trail from the 2nd half of Sam Hill's section in E5

Been playing with the camera angle quite a bit, but i think I'm settling on this one. gives a good idea of terrain, bumps, etc (and you can't see me dragging the brakes ;)) I'll be sure to get a full run with it at the Open this weekend.

My only complaint is that no angle really gives any sense of how steep the trails are in places. it always looks flat . . . much like that La Bresse video that gave us all the wrong impression.

Last edited: