Quantcast

bromont opening day

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
how far from toronto? i think me and some of my boys might make the trek up get some practise for the first o-cup race.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I am going to try and make it up, how far is the drive from Burlington VT? Anyone know?

Later, Dan

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
zedro said:
it says an hour and a half, but you can probably get there much quicker

map to bromont
Thanks Zedro,

WOW, I thought Bromont was atleast 2hrs from here, guess I don't know ****, I shall be up at Bromont quite often this summer!

Later, Dan

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Transcend said:
So opening day at bromont is May 7-8 weekend. Who is making the trip up for it?

I know Myself, Weltcupmeister, SGD and davetrump are all going 100%.
Hmmm...so much for me moving out to BC and starting to ride before the snow melted in Montreal. My bike still needs cables, my brake arch fixed and a hub oil change.

Dammit!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
rockymt21 said:
Thanks Zedro,

WOW, I thought Bromont was atleast 2hrs from here, guess I don't know ****, I shall be up at Bromont quite often this summer!

Later, Dan
you can do it in an hour and a half, but that is tough. by the time you deal with the border (sometimes 30 seconds other times 15 minutes) and other things like slow traffic it takes about an 1h 45m... two hours is the longest it ever takes.

they are open so late in the summer that even geting a late start gives you more than enough time to ride until you are dead tired. so the dive time is really not an issue

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
davetrump said:
you can do it in an hour and a half, but that is tough. by the time you deal with the border (sometimes 30 seconds other times 15 minutes) and other things like slow traffic it takes about an 1h 45m... two hours is the longest it ever takes.

they are open so late in the summer that even geting a late start gives you more than enough time to ride until you are dead tired. so the dive time is really not an issue
huh, usually those map times are usually really conservative...maybe just for us speedy quebecers :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Julian - it is a good 6-7 hour drive from Toronto.

Piper you should come do some runs with Heikki and I, it's gonna be fun.

fanatical - how is it no one has heard of bromont? Sheesh - It has hosted a couple of world cups and a world championship. The riding is pretty epic.

fanatical

Chimp
May 23, 2004
NJ
fanatical - how is it no one has heard of bromont? Sheesh - It has hosted a couple of world cups and a world championship. The riding is pretty epic.

Well, I'm new to this so I don't know many great places to ride. Thanks for the info though, I'm gonna check it out while I'm up there! :)

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
CBJ said:
I am thinking about comming in June or August - what would be best?
i'd say August, but avoid the race week (if there is one, usually the last week). In june there can be lotsa rain and the trails may not be upto spec, the trails are usually dry and groomed in august.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Try to be there, depends on exams and papers; the weekend after Il'l be there for sure!!

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Just to update, I went by Bromont today and man there is still lot's of snow left on the Ski runs ! They are about 70% covered with all that man made snow etc.
It seems like the spring melt off is slow this year, looks like it's going to be another muddy start to the season... what else is new! :eviltongu

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DIRTWRKS said:
Just to update, I went by Bromont today and man there is still lot's of snow left on the Ski runs ! They are about 70% covered with all that man made snow etc.
It seems like the spring melt off is slow this year, looks like it's going to be another muddy start to the season... what else is new! :eviltongu
Last year it was bone dry and dusty on most of the course in time for the canada cup. I would expect the same conditions this year. I was out that way last week and the melt is starting in a hurry..rain for the next 5 days will help too.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
The only dry parts last year were the rocky sections !
I felt that everything else was pretty sloppy especially the bottom part , I guess that's normal for May..... around here anyways.

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
I'll be there for the opening weekend for sure.

I'm in Brampton, just past T.O., and it takes use exactly 6 hours to get from the Bromont parking lot to my door step. Thats when we leave at about 6 or 7 though so there is no trafic.... A couple times we've left at 10 or 11 at night, got there and slept in the truck until it opens. Thats not to smart though, just leave super early in the morning.... And take turns driving and sleeping so you'll be nice and rested for the days ride.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DIRTWRKS said:
The only dry parts last year were the rocky sections !
I felt that everything else was pretty sloppy especially the bottom part , I guess that's normal for May..... around here anyways.
It was bone dry until it rained on sunday. Saturday was about 100 degs and sunny.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
I'll be down with a few guys from Privateer Racing on the Sunday. We're all down for the following weekend.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Looks like I will miss to opening weekend as well..... my son has an urban riding competition at UGLY ASS BIKES in Montreal that weekend. Well at least I get watch some biking and apparently some big name pro "street" riders will be there.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yesterday was fun - sunny, dry and fairly quickly. Once i remembered how to ride a DH bike, everything was awesome. The trails do need a TON of work though.

Today - cold, sopping wet, muddy as hell (save for a few trails) and BLACK out. Horrdi, we left after 5 runs.

Bring on the sunshine!