Quantcast

Bronson carbon review.....the holy grail of "jizz in my pants"

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I was trying to find a place to post this but since there isn’t a forum called "burning my eyes from pure awesomeness" I decided to post in the lounge.

I have been a skeptic of the whole 650B / 27.5 stuff since its inception. I didn’t see how a minimal difference in tire and wheel size would make a difference but it sure does. This year I have been riding a lot of 29ers since I coach the high school MTB team. I have a 29er felt carbon hardtail that rattles me to death on descents and a tallboy LTC that is long and lenky on technical stuff and got a lot of shuttles in on the 26er downhill bikes and even did several hundred miles on the cross bike, so I can say I am not biased on my review.

But the Bronson C will make a nun blush and a Vegas hooker vomit! This thing is sick. Although the name comes from the santa cruz "bronson sreet" facility the name bronson makes me think I am getting a moustache ride from charles bronson so i decided to name it "bronwyna"......(its a real female name). It comes with a dropper post and kashima fox boingers for the front and rear, a mid length stem and a chain guide that is buttery smooth. If you are a full on XC geek with the need to get into a more all mountain bike the only thing you might do is lengthen the stem a bit. If you a downhiller looking for a gnar trail bike you may slap on some wider bars, but that’s it.

Once the suspension is set up it works like a charm and with the dropper post it is a railing machine that feels like a full on DH rig. I am 6 foot one and got a medium and it fits great for XC rides and shuttle runs. My bike is 28 lbs ready to ride and still motors up the hills like a 29er. The 2x10 drive train in perfect for any trail or run and the 27.5 wheels and tires are like a scalpel in the rocks. I have been flogging this thing like a red headed step child and havent found one thing I dont like about it at all. I would roll an XC series on this bike and use it as a park bike all season long. it seems to be a one bike quiver for me at least. If you don’t own one you really should

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
And a lot of hating even before they have ridden a 650b. I did the same with 29ers not again I am having a blast on my 29er and looking forward to some time on a 650b soon to make up my own mind. Glad to read a review beyond the hype.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I have a Blur LTc set up with a Fox 36 Talas upfront that comes in right at 30lbs with an all mountain wheelset, SLX cranks and a Reverb that makes me happy in the pants every time I throw a leg over it for any kind of riding other than the most gnar gnar DH stuff. Id be interested to see if there is much difference.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
how the fvck does GFF afford all his toys? Dude seems like he's on a permanent vacation but has the cash flow of a drug dealer...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good pension from fighting wars? Including some serious injuries which I am sure helps increase the payments. Plus he is clearly smarter than most of us.

Last edited:

jrock&co

Chimp
Feb 5, 2013
6'1" on a medium?
Do the bronsons run big?
My gt large feels like a medium and im 6'1.5...ok 6'2" w/shoes.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Good stuff GFF!

6'1" on a medium?
Do the bronsons run big?
My gt large feels like a medium and im 6'1.5...ok 6'2" w/shoes.
I'm also about 6' 1.5", and my large bronson with a 70 mm stem feels perfect to me. I have relatively long arms and legs and actually need quite a bit of post exposed to get full leg extension on my large. I would definitely recommend a large for someone our size. But you know, different strokes...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Climbs like a mountain goat?

I remember when I started seeing that expressing used more and more on MTBR I knew it was time to go somewhere else.