Quantcast

Brooklyn Banks.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Fellow RM'er PALILLA and I were up in NY this weekend to do some partying and strapped the bikes to the roof to indulge in the banks. I have heard about them from alot of guys but never had the opp to ride them. I wish I didn’t suck so bad at street but here are a few frames:

The Banks

Palilla

Again

Kid Killing it on a board

Me flopping around like a fish out of water

Big stair set above the east river, it was pretty freaky with the river on my left and fdr blvd on my right

We decided it would be funny to take a horrid emo pic of what it would look like should we create myspace pages. Hilarious

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
forgot to mention that the bikes almost blew off of the GTI when the yakama clip self destructed on the jersey pike...sucked.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Nice shots, never been to the banks but its on the list. Ive only dropped 2 bikes in about 15 years of riding.

One BB7 and a Jamis Dragon. Both survived plus a few scrapes.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I wanna go! I've heard the banks were a little sketchy. Did you feel you had to watch your back? Next time I go to NY I'm hopping on the train.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the banks arent sketchy at all, the thing i didnt know is that they are actually in manhattan, jammed in between the east river and the brooklyn bridge you dont have to ride across. We were about to go across the bridge to look for them and just stumbled upon them.

The NYC police headquartes is literally across the street. Everyone there was super chill and it had a good vibe to it...

Check it out.

_Bill

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
nice picks man, looks so sweet. That pic of the skateboarder looks like a picture I'd see in a magazine.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
nice picks man, looks so sweet. That pic of the skateboarder looks like a picture I'd see in a magazine.
Yeah i didnt want to be annoying and in everyone's face with the camera but i could have grabbed some good shots of guys skating should i have been more bold...

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
I've seen your sensitive side.

NYC is a blast on a skateboard. Never ridden a bike there but I'm sure it's as entertaining.
NYC is a blast on pretty much anything. I used to ride down to the Path train in Hoboken, ride around Battery Park, roll through China Town and the banks, and head home via Union Square and 42nd Street. I miss NY sometimes.

I'm actually leaving for NY (from Chicago) tonight. I'm trying to figure if it's worth throwing the bike on the roof for a day of riding on Sunday...

Chip