Quantcast

Brooklyn prototype stolen in San Diego

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
also posted in Socal forum.

The following bikes were stolen from a friends garage in San Diego last night (tues Feb 15).

Brooklyn Machine Works Hitman prototype, Black, Avalanche front and back.

Brooklyn Machine Works Park bike, Black, serial # 76.

Ellsworth Dare, Blue, (details to follow)

Cannondale, Black, HT

Any help in recovering these items will be greatly appreciated. The bikes belong to Anthony at 646-285-5196 or you can pm me here or email at terry@littermag.com.

Thanks y'all.

Terry

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
oh man I hate reading these threads........damned bike theives.........I sure hope that Anthony gets all of his bikes back in good condition. The BMWs should be easy to spot shouldn't they??

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Indeed Mark, especially the prototype because there are only two of them on the planet and it's not easily confused with any other bike. Additionally, it's a much burlier bike than the race link and TMX so it sticks out like a sore thumb in a place like SoCal.

Thanks for the good wishes.

t

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
Man...that sucks T.....doubt they'll make it back to BK, but everyone at BrooklynBikeRiders will keep an eye on the web....Best of luck in the safe return!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hey Locs. Thanks y'all. Depressing indeed. Looks like the Monkey might once again be the source of all that is good and kind because we got some leads and narrowing down the search. Looks like it was a meth tweeker at the helm and supposedly they've narrowed it down to a four block search.(...or so they tell me with progress notes.)

The thieves better hope the cops find him before my friend does.

Thanks again.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
tmx said:
Hey Locs. Thanks y'all. Depressing indeed. Looks like the Monkey might once again be the source of all that is good and kind because we got some leads and narrowing down the search. Looks like it was a meth tweeker at the helm and supposedly they've narrowed it down to a four block search.(...or so they tell me with progress notes.)

The thieves better hope the cops find him before my friend does.

Thanks again.

That is awesome news. Good luck with the search.

The Ito

Oh.....and bike theives suck!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Again, thanks to all for the good wishes. Though I still feel like vomiting, your kind supportive words are like Pepto Bismol.

ReJames, I'm still in the big apple. The bikes belong to a good friend who recently moved to SD.

return the bikes return the bikes return the bikes return the bikes return the bikes (subliminal mssg for bike thieves everywhere)

Tonycalves

Monkey
Feb 16, 2005
PB SanDiego/NYC
Thanks guys for support especially Terry. The lead I got came from a shady source. I'm keeping my eye on everybody. I don't know weather to cry puke or get a machine gun. I will find my bikes and some one will wish they were never born. All help is appreciated thank you.

Tonycalves

Monkey
Feb 16, 2005
PB SanDiego/NYC
The Dare blue has a Jr T Profiles 24 rear wheel kenda Down Cycles seat
Park bike black has a Mr T profiles Hayes front DX vee rear Gazzi front Kujo rear
Canondale CAAD 3 black with a green head shock Truvo cranks 521 rims kujo and maxxis
Hitman black no description necessary PIMPED

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
TreeSaw said:
:eek: I hope everything gets recovered for your friend...any updates?
Hey Tree, thanks. No updates. I'm so bugged out about this I can't focus at work and it's got to be a bazillion times worse for Anthony. All I want to do is fly out there and find those friggin' bikes, especially because we're pretty sure they're still in close proximity. I hope they end up finding a stash of stolen bikes that can be returned to their broken-hearted owners.

Again, thanks to all for your help, care and sympathy.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
The following questions are not meant to anger anyone or to blame anyone but more for "educational avoid this from happening to you" point.

Were they visible from outside the garage?
Was the garage locked?
Were the bikes locked?
What could the owner have done to avoid it?

I started locking my bikes up even in my own garage. I live in a nice neighborhood but you never know anymore.

Hope they find the bikes.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hey Stoshness. I haven't missed you because I lurk your posts. : ) A co-worker just came in my office and started humping my file cabinet exactly like what the monchichi is doing to your ear. I thought of you fondly.

DRB, no offense taken and I agree it's important to evaluate what could have done to avoid being "victimized".

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
tmx said:
Hey Stoshness. I haven't missed you because I lurk your posts. : ) A co-worker just came in my office and started humping my file cabinet exactly like what the monchichi is doing to your ear. I thought of you fondly.

DRB, no offense taken and I agree it's important to evaluate what could have done to avoid being "victimized".
You say the nicest things.... I should take notes....

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i really want to see pics of the hitman again... soooooo sorry to hear thats gone. and the others too. but mostly the hitman. i shed a tear for ya....snif

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DHS said:
i really want to see pics of the hitman again... soooooo sorry to hear thats gone. and the others too. but mostly the hitman. i shed a tear for ya....snif
I really want to see pics of TMX.....

Tonycalves

Monkey
Feb 16, 2005
PB SanDiego/NYC
I found it under the advanced tab. I didn't have any pics of the hitman too new. 3 weeks old didn't have a chance. I'll post the Park, Dare, and TMX at Mt Snow 04. She said it was cool for me to post her. Stosh how did you see the pics the first time? The bikes only a month old. I don't have any of the Canondale it was a typical XC bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tonycalves said:
I found it under the advanced tab. I didn't have any pics of the hitman too new. 3 weeks old didn't have a chance. I'll post the Park, Dare, and TMX at Mt Snow 04. She said it was cool for me to post her. Stosh how did you see the pics the first time? The bikes only a month old. I don't have any of the Canondale it was a typical XC bike.
I'm confused by your question.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i believe Stosh was talking about pictures of the RM member TMX. the hot girl that rides a bmw

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Tonycalves said:
My old big Link, and the rest of the fleet. The gray TMX is my last roommates.
GGEEEEEEE wiz batman, theres a lot of sweet ****ing bikes in that pic

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tonycalves said:
My old big Link, and the rest of the fleet. The gray TMX is my last roommates.
dude, thats a lot of bikes!!!!

I love the kids bike mixed in too!!