Quantcast

Brooklyn TMX Rear Hub

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Hi Again Guys

Ive almost sold a tmx i have but the guy just dissapeared ( no mails, no calls, nothing ) so i thought it would be nice to built it up and ride the biatch and compare it with my army!

The thing is it came without a hub and it needs very rare one ( 120x12 if i remember correctly, correct me if im wrong please )

I know few of you guys were running those babes for some time, so if u have any source of those hubs, or can get one for me please drop me a line.

I dont really care if its 36/32, pink coloured or barely rolls, i just wanna ride it ;)

I made some single speed hubs for myself but one with cassette is just too much for me.

Thank you!

PS. I heard its very snowy in US now, some ppl cant get out of theire homes :O Here in Poland it was snowing for only 6 days. Yesterday we had 15*C and sunny weather - spring is coming haha!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
its not special really. i used a hope bulb 12mmx135mm. but the brake side of the hub has the end cone pulled off the hub and a special spacer that was machined by bmw to allow for the the floating brake. that machined spacer replace the brake side cone of the hope hub. 125mm hub + 25mm floating brake width = 150mm spacing of frame dropouts.

as im typing this, im wondering why you couldnt buy a racelink floating brake braket. its 10mm thinner than the tmx which would allow you to run a 135mm hub on the tmx? DHS, your thoughts?

call bmw and see if they have any of those little spacers running around. i sure like the TMX dropout system much better the RL.

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Thing is i just dont wanna spend real cash for it, as it will be a bike built from everything i will currently have alone, just to ride this frame, as i never did, and i dont wanna disassemble my prime babe

I can machine pretty anything, so maybe doing a new brake adaptor to adopt for 135x12 is a good idea?

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
pull the end cap off your existing hub and machine a spacer to take up the gap between the hub and floating bracket. i dont know what hub your have or how wide the spacer should be. you just need a stacking width of 150mm.

dont machine a whole new bracket. that's not realistic or possible (probably)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
no on the racelink floater piece. wouldn't work...

anyway. find a 135x12mm Sun Ringle ABBAH rear hub. the one where the non-drive side piece just falls off.. even the new ones are like this still.
i run a Hadley 135 hub, with the Hadley LAWWILL inner axle. makes it a 122, and i have a 2mm spacer with my dropouts pretty much just bent it. works like a charm