Quantcast

Budget Bike Pics (no haters please)

[evo]

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Toronto
haters please check OUT of this thread ;)

bent the stock front rim first day overjumping some stairs. Think thats when I broke the internals on one side of the original forks too. Snapped the derailleur doing a local hill, snapped the original chain (so much slap!) not much later. The hanger is bent so it doesnt change gears too smoothly. Original chainguide dissapeared when I bent the original crank on the skydome stairs. Got a '04 P3 (frame only)coming this week, gonna put some boxxer race's on it then :D

its how I ride, not what I ride that should matter

Attachments

[evo]

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Toronto
Anders said:
d0000d, even i dont have disk brakes :(

i bought this thing at crappy tire originally :p the deore disc was a sub $200 upgrade after finding out the bolts I had didnt fit in the v-brake posts of the z5's when replacing the broken stocker

roiyial

Chimp
Jun 30, 2004
Your right, but you also have to have a bike that can keep up with you...

amen dude...amen..lol

[evo]

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Toronto
KleinMp99 said:
Your right, but you also have to have a bike that can keep up with you...

yeah, unfortunatley this thing keeps on breaking down :(
Ah well, pickup the p3 next week then a boxxer race a few weeks after. Hopefully a hope front disc and bump the deore to the back, then I can work on a nice chainguide and some 2.7's

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
[evo] said:
i bought this thing at crappy tire originally :p the deore disc was a sub $200 upgrade after finding out the bolts I had didnt fit in the v-brake posts of the z5's when replacing the broken stocker
i dont even have enough money for a front brake. i bought a oem dj2 fork and have no disk brake for it

skinny

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Victoria, BC, Canada
I know I'm going to get some flak for this, but I say replace stuff when you break it. Riding a bike like that will increase your skill quite quickly. You'll learn to land a lot smoother (so as not to break parts).

Other than that, it's a hell of a lot nicer than the bike I started on.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
skinny said:
I know I'm going to get some flak for this, but I say replace stuff when you break it. Riding a bike like that will increase your skill quite quickly. You'll learn to land a lot smoother (so as not to break parts).

Other than that, it's a hell of a lot nicer than the bike I started on.

I dont find that riding a junk bike makes you better at all. I rode hardtails for a couple years when I first started, then got a bighit, then a demo 9 and another hardtail. The full dually's have given me alot more confidence, and that confidence carries over when I ride a hardtail.