Quantcast

bug out bag

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Anybody ever watch that movie "The Road" with Vigo Mortensen? Or the book "One Second After"?
After reading the 'The Road' I don't worry about prepping for s#$%.......my conclusion is if things go south the culling of the herd will be wide and deep, either you'll be lucky or s.o.l. no matter how much crap you have stashed.

J

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
After reading the 'The Road' I don't worry about prepping for s#$%.......my conclusion is if things go south the culling of the herd will be wide and deep, either you'll be lucky or s.o.l. no matter how much crap you have stashed.

J
That's pretty much my thinking as well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I remember when I was first dating my ex and every Wednesday the local paper would run a 2 page article on being prepared for Y2K. Someone made a sh!t ton of money of of scared Southern Oregon rednecks by telling them they needed to be set for 6+ months.

All my in-laws bought tons of rice, dried foods, hundreds of gallons of bottled water, generators, you name it. My bugout bag consists of my laptop, I bring it to work every day should something happen.

:panic:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if i make a bug out bag, it would be inspired by hunter s thompson. because if the sh*t hits so hard that i need a bug out bag, i wanna get really bugged out

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Bug out bags......
So much paranoia, I'm really at a loss as to where to start the pointing and laughing. :tinfoil: :panic: :tinfoil: :crazy:
Sssssh, don't spook the 'prepared'.
Once they load up their camo painted trucks and take their moronic friends to their remote survival bunker this country will finally revert to a rational society.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sssssh, don't spook the 'prepared'.
Once they load up their camo painted trucks and take their moronic friends to their remote survival bunker this country will finally revert to a rational society.
until 50 years later, they wander out of the mountains, totally mutated from years of inbreeding and canned food

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nothing you can't prepare for with a weekend in W virginia or eastern Kentucky.