The its BUILDFEST:

RS Revelation, slammed to 70mm
DT FR Hubs laced with 14g Dt Swiss spokes/nips
Mavic 325EX rims
2.4 Maxxis Holyroller front / 2.1 Maxxis Holyroller rear
Profile 175mm cranks
Tree 26t Spline drive
12t Stainless Chris King cog
Shadow Conspiracy Spanish Bottom Bracket kit, but i'm using Race Face X-Drive Cups (bearings press right in and i can use a euro btm bracket for now.. Thank you w00dy for the tip)
Atom Lab Pedals
Thomson Post
Thomson Stem
Race Face bars
ODI Lock on Grips
Shadow Bar Ends
SDG saddle (for now..)
FBM Integrated HS

hank

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Northeast
First i want to give a HUGE thank you to Ted Wojcik for letting me apprentice once a week. The overall experience has been very rewarding and an opportunity that doesn't come by but once in a lifetime. Watching a master at work like Ted has pushed my TIG Welding skills to the next level and i look forward to continued progression. Thank you Ted. Next some big props to Steve Crandall at FBM and John Lee at Last Call Dist. for hooking me up with some integrated head tubes. And last thanks to Patrick and Mike at Progressive Manufacturing for cutting my dropouts. They do great work. Just want to give the credit where credit is due.

I hope everyone here enjoys taking a look at the build-its been a lot of fun and is a great way to spend most fridays when time/work allow.

Stay stoked.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Damn! That thing is sweet. I didn't know we had so many do-it-yourselfers around here. That geo sounds spot on for 2sixes.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hold on, you told me you had some connections, but not Ted Wojcik. Lol, that totally puts this project in a different level, dudes a legend.

Anyway, as I told you before I'm super psyched on your frame. How is brakeless riding going ;-)

hank

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Northeast
I didn't mention i was working with Ted? Sorry about that John! yes-its been an honor to have Ted as a Mentor. His welding skills are beyond comprehension and its been a blast to have someone like him show me the ways of "the force." But brakeless sheds some new light on control. I will be welding a disk tab on later this week, but i will keep it as is for a bit and switch back and forth i think. thanks to all for the kind words.

now time to figure out why this forum won't let me post bigger images...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Ya, I used to struggle with that as well. Host your pics to photobucket or something like that. Copy the blah blah blah [img] thing and copy and paste it into your post.

Works everytime.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Man how did I miss this earlier. Killer frame right there!!!!

Now - when are you gonna unveil more stuff that you've got brewin and stewin up their in NH???

hank

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Northeast
its presently raw-this is a preliminary build check basically. Will be welding the disk tab and machining/welding a plug for the rear triangle.

the tough part will be deciding on paint.. flat black is in the running.

hank

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Northeast
any toe overlap issues? I take it you have little feet.

bike looks fantastic. nothing better than doing it yourself!
Thanks for the kind words. There is a bit of toe overlap when the bars are backwards, but if you position your lead foot just slightly up at an angle its all good in the hood. Next version i will make some slight adjustments with head angle and tt length to compensate for this. This is literally #1 (i am working on another completely different bike that should be finished shortly-more of a hardtail mountain bike). Can't expect to get everything right the first go, but its close and i'm pleased with the results thus far. Always room for progression.

hank

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Northeast
no brace for the chainstay yoke? is the rear still as rigid?
No brace-it is rigid, and i'm not seeing any deflection under power. Stays are 15.625. i may add a small brace just for good measure though. I wanted as clean a build as possible-just stripped down simplicity. Still noodling the details as you can imagine.

Sep 12, 2004
a tear just rolled down my cheek

i have to lean how to weld. that frame/bike is just clean and beautiful. the only thing i would change is a smaller profile seat and tires to match the tight lines of the frame

job WELL done sir