Quantcast

Building a new dj line

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
So heres the deal, im new to the whole scene, been biking for about 2-3 months of actualy dirt jumping. I recently became a "trail boss" as the guys that built the place don't run their anymore and i do the maintaining and builds. Not a real big place. Biggest jump their now is a 7 foot gap. More of a place for newbies, but im gunna build it up. Ill have pics up 2moro of it (unless is rains, not gunna get the camera wet). Im in Toronto ontario to let you know.
Only problems are my shovels keep getting stolen by noobs >.< . Ive caught a couple. But so far ive lost 4 spade shovels, 3 flat head shovels, 2 metal rakes and 1 leaf rake.

Sep 9, 2009
This makes my blood boil! You maintain em, you build em, THEY get to ride em & then they steal the shovels. What the hell is wrong with ppl? Its like they do it to spite themselves.

I used to DJ regularly a few yrs ago on my BMX & ended up being repsonsible for building/maintaining, & I skateboard too & used to find old warehouses to build ramps/stuff in, & it always ended up being me that built everything while everyone else stood there & watched..............but were the 1st to use them.
The farmer who owned the field was so cool he was fine with us building there. He wasnt gonna use it & it was near slightly marshy ground & it was out of the way too.
In the end it all got spoiled by newbies telling their friends where the jumps were & there'd be kids down there getting drunk, smashing things up, starting fires until eventually someone spotted it all & called the cops.

Thats the sorta thing that kills the scene.

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
srry, couldn't get pictures, camera died, will have them posted 2moro if it isn't raining.

WaveDude

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
TX
This makes my blood boil! You maintain em, you build em, THEY get to ride em & then they steal the shovels. What the hell is wrong with ppl? Its like they do it to spite themselves.
Typical due to the azzhat-ed-ness of most riders these days. One of our best wheelbarrows disappeared this weekend. Along with riders rutting up wet trails, leaving empty 12-paks behind, and "contributing to maintenance" by shaving down the takeoffs to get rid of the muck.

Poachers should be shot on sight.