Quantcast

Building at Salem Lake

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
Anyone want to build at salem next week? That place is falling apart and we should rebuild or make some new jumps and stunts. Let me know when anyone want to build.

Steven

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm not rebuilding anything until i find the punk that keeps chopping down showtime after everytime i rebuild it. i heard that it was someone that frequents mock orange bike in mocksville.....

i did put some 10'x2"x2" planks out there near showtime, you can use them to shore up the big drop with the hip after it

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
The main builders are still building out there, but they're hiding their stuff better. I was out there last weekend and saw them building a new log ride and a teeter drop

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
My friend who was going to build with me told me that the police are going to start cracking down on the free riders out there, giving them a fine for riding? Do you know anything about that? Also, I started rebuilding my Dj's and my drop today if any one wants to ride them, a six pack and a 8 or 9 foor drop, Let me know if you want to ride them.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
motomike said:
where's this at. Your jumps, I mean. And, I also heard this weekend that the cops are crackin' down on it. too bad.

i recently asked a winston cop friend of mine about it....said he knew nothing about it. i think that parks&rec handle that area anyway. shouldn't be a problem, if you get caught just be cool and do what they say. let us all know if you get caught and if so, pm me the name/agency of the person that caught you, especially if they write you a ticket. coming from the gravel lot i haven't seen any no trespassing signs for the wooded area and w/out proper signage in an area that is visible or some kind of fence...there is not trespassing charge, just a verbal warning.

...and remember......it's really hard to catch someone on a bike...especially if they know what they're doing in the woods :D hint hint

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
dude...don't hide ur feelings.....i'm a lot of man to love...nice and cudly too :wink:

i was about to get them to chase me at UNCG the other night......hence the reason i told everyone not to mention my profession. :devil: had it come to charges i think i would have pulled the security guards' punk card :devil:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
harorider77 said:
where is the drop and the teeter?

"over the river and through the woods..." Sorry, had to do it. I'll let someone of more experience tell ya. I've seen em, but could never tell ya how I got there.....ok, close to the wall ride and the river. Actually, between the wall ride and the river, er, I mean creek.

Sep 22, 2004
note: we do not mention the word " Salem Lake " on line for everone to see, the more people hear about it, the sooner it will be GONE! Brandon, catch those terds that keep messing up out stuff. you need to bring your 9 mm out there, we'll put it to good use. ha ha

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
brian wilkinson said:
note: we do not mention the word " Salem Lake " on line for everone to see, the more people hear about it, the sooner it will be GONE! Brandon, catch those terds that keep messing up out stuff. you need to bring your 9 mm out there, we'll put it to good use. ha ha
the first rule of salem lake is: THERE IS NO SALEM LAKE

the second rule of salem lake is: THERE IS NO SALEM LAKE

:D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
looks like rain on sunday......what the hell did i do to have it rain on my only full day off in about a month! everytime i get some free time w/out wife or kids....it rains! so friggin sick of this!

i think i'm burnt out...too much work/school/work/work, not enough play

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
well, since the weather's looking bad for sunday, i finnagled some stuff for work tomorrow and i'll be able to make it. will try to be there by 1030 but if not, i'll call alex's cell and find out where u guys are at. i'll bring the little shovel to fix the showtime fishing hole.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Brian, glad to see you on board here. The rumor about tickets at the place where there is nothing to ride comes up every few months or so. I have never seen an actual ticket.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
We had no trouble on Saturday. Seems to me the only threat to the place is the prick who keeps tearring jumps down because he cant do them.