Quantcast

Building Enduance?

Jun 21, 2004
I just want to get in better shape in genaral I have never been real definde but I have plenty of mass so no more weight lifting ~I think~And I want to get rid of the excess fat. So I was woundering if any of you would like to share a simple but efective triaing plan I have a 2 bikes one i use for djing and a bike for the road/XC And i already brought out my road/XC and did about a 6mile ride in about 30min So that give you a starting place to see what kinda shape im in.

Thanks for the info :thumb:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Pedal up the hills!!! :D

From where you are starting the only thing you can do is begin with base miles, ride far as often as you can. You didn't mention if your miles was paved, flat or anything... :confused:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
FreeRide_Mike said:
I just want to get in better shape in genaral I have never been real definde but I have plenty of mass so no more weight lifting ~I think~And I want to get rid of the excess fat. So I was woundering if any of you would like to share a simple but efective triaing plan I have a 2 bikes one i use for djing and a bike for the road/XC And i already brought out my road/XC and did about a 6mile ride in about 30min So that give you a starting place to see what kinda shape im in.

Thanks for the info :thumb:
You might also try running, it's great for building endurance. Run/jog as long as you can...not being really worried about speed or distance. I usully try to go for about an hour and a half. If I need to take a break I walk for 2 min. and start running again.

Pedalist

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Clayton, NC
Well bro' before I rode bikes I was a competetive Power Lifter and sometimes I have been as low as 4% bodyfat. The way I got to this was to do my cardio training in the morning before breakfast. Lifting weights actually burns alot of fat because that is the best fuel for muscle. The more you work the muscles the more nutrients they will need and the more calories you will burn. Also this may sound funny but if you can cut your carbs down to 25 grams perday you can eat all the meat, eggs, and cheese you want just as long as you keep the carbs below 25 grams. You will not be tired either because your body will be burning fat. Try it for like 2 weeks you will lose over 5lbs and maybe more than 10lbs. That will be permanent quality weightloss that you will feel! If you ride for enurance/carido 4 mornings a week and hit the gym 3 times a week you will shed the pounds. Monday ride, Tuesday ride go to the gym do 5 sets of 20 on squats, Wednesday work your chest, Thursday ride, Friday work your back, biceps, and triceps. If you can follow that routine you will lose weight and improve your ride. I am 5'5" tall and weigh between 175-180lbs. I try to stay about 12% bodyfat.